Diner Delight - Triumph Bobber Forum
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Diner Delight

I went for a ride this morning and stopped at a small country diner for lunch. I sat in a booth where I could watch my bike. One guy - on a bike - almost fell off of his bike looking at mine. Three other guys got out of their pickup and walked around the Bobber for about five minutes. People just like our bikes.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I find that many people that look at our bikes think that they are extremely custom, like specialty built. Sometimes I just nod....other times I do tell them, nope, it's mostly stock...and they are very surprised.
Bassbär and gfspencer like this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 03:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
I find that many people that look at our bikes think that they are extremely custom, like specialty built. Sometimes I just nod....other times I do tell them, nope, it's mostly stock...and they are very surprised.
Yep, same thing in Germany. People always ask how much of what they see is still stock. And then can´t believe it when I say almost all of it... I love this bike! And not only for the looks.
muensterDeath and gfspencer like this.

Doesn´t matter what you ride... just ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
I went for a ride this morning and stopped at a small country diner for lunch. I sat in a booth where I could watch my bike. One guy - on a bike - almost fell off of his bike looking at mine. Three other guys got out of their pickup and walked around the Bobber for about five minutes. People just like our bikes.
Yes, people like the Bobber but they aren't buying too many, at least not around here. I was at my local Triumph dealer this morning, had to have the clutch cover gasket replaced due to a leak in my Tiger.
While I was waiting I asked the service manager about how Bobber sales are doing. His answer was "we can't give them away".

Chico
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
sad that our motorcycles are more on a dick magnet, and not a pu$$y magnet

I'm The Modern Version Of Peter Pan, I Refused To Grow Up
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:07 PM
GPz

Before we go overboard let's remember that the original Bobber was the best selling model in Triumph's 115 year history.

Aside from that, I really like that seeing Bobbers "in the wild", as someone hilariously put it, is somewhat rare. That makes them even cooler!

-GPz/Gary

PS: About 30 years ago I worked with one of the first guys who ever got one of those AWESOME [email protected] barbed-wire tattoos around his upper arm. He was SO proud of that unique tat around his muscular biker arm. He showed it to EVERYBODY. Then one of the skinny Honda-riding hillbilly punks in the shop got one too, which really annoyed him. Then another. Then a few chicks started getting them. Ten years later you were legally required to have a barbed wire tattoo around your arm in order to buy a house trailer anywhere in the United States (or to reside in the state of West Virginia past the age of 14). If it weren't for laser tattoo removal, the poor [email protected] that started it all would have chewed his arm off like a muskrat caught in a leghold trap!

Popularity isn't always good.
Ribkick likes this.

Last edited by GPz; 06-11-2019 at 05:29 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:34 PM

I’d be perfectly content if Triumph discontinued the Bobber line now that I have mine. Love that you don’t see them often.

Mike
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Roy

Garage
If I had the money, I would love at least two more.

I can think of a couple of builds I would love to do.

Cheerio,

Roy
muensterDeath likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Hey @Chico , he may be prepping you for a lowball offer should you ever decide to sell yours
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychopasta View Post
Hey @Chico , he may be prepping you for a lowball offer should you ever decide to sell yours
Naaaa, an employee of a dealership would never do that..... would he?

Chico

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page