Bobber Camera Setups - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Bobber Camera Setups

Inspired by the traffic filtering thread. I'm interested in seeing your GoPro or camera setup for bobber. I'd like to get some ideas and hope to help folks with the pros and cons of each setup. Pics are appreciated!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Whoa that's pretty awesome. What brand and does it automatically move around like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

If itís for daily use/commute, I would use something discrete and it should be ďfit & forgetĒ (in my opinion).
Something like the INNOVV K2 fits the bill nicely and covers both the front & rear of the bike, plus itís powered by the ignition switch.

https://www.innovv.com/innovv-k2

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.innovv.co.uk
perrymoa likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymoa View Post
Whoa that's pretty awesome. What brand and does it automatically move around like that?
Rylo camera. You can use rylo mobile app to edit the video after you record it. You can point it anywhere you want when editing.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
If it’s for daily use/commute, I would use something discrete and it should be “fit & forget” (in my opinion).
Something like the INNOVV K2 fits the bill nicely and covers both the front & rear of the bike, plus it’s powered by the ignition switch.

https://www.innovv.com/innovv-k2

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.innovv.co.uk
Has anyone mounted an INNOVV K2 camera on their Bobber? A helmet mounted system is too much work and a bar mounted camera attracts too much attention (wrong kind).

I want to get the INNOVV K2 but was wondering about mounting points. I think the DVR will fit in my battery box next to my Shorei lithium battery and PCV. The GPS should fit under my Dart Flyscreen. The front camera should be fine under the headlamp. However, I don’t know where to put the rear camera on a bike like the Bobber. Especially while trying to keep the tail clean and camera hidden.
Great Black North likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Has anyone mounted an INNOVV K2 camera on their Bobber? A helmet mounted system is too much work and a bar mounted camera attracts too much attention (wrong kind).

I want to get the INNOVV K2 but was wondering about mounting points. I think the DVR will fit in my battery box next to my Shorei lithium battery and PCV. The GPS should fit under my Dart Flyscreen. The front camera should be fine under the headlamp. However, I donít know where to put the rear camera on a bike like the Bobber. Especially while trying to keep the tail clean and camera hidden.
I have been wondering the same things.

I would love to get the K2 setup, but, A: no room in my battery box atm, and B: where to hide the back camera?

I was thinking I might be able to fit the DVR up above the fuel rail, but I think that may be wishful thinking, and I suspect having that many electrical sources surrounding it may cause interference.

The rear camera though, I don't think there is anywhere on the back that isn't going to be blatantly obvious, or severely restrict the camera's view.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:56 AM

You should swap the battery to a lithium type. It freed up a lot of space. Enough such that my PCV will fit in there and I think the DVR would fit as well.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Oooh, thatís a good idea @kilyung . A lithium battery would give you a ton of space in which to conceal other goodies on the Bobber, but keep them accessible.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:36 PM

Garage
I have been considering it, was intrigued after reading the threads, but my stock battery is still working good. I do have my PCV in there as well, granted its a tight fit.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page