Problems after 1st dealer service !!!! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By ysoslo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Problems after 1st dealer service !!!!

So I went in for my first bobber dealer service with 800 miles on odometer. The bike ran perfectly before. I slowly broke in the engine and ran smoothly.
Now I got my bike back and it feels very sluggish and the throttle has a bit of hesitation also I hear a small clunk when giving it some throttle coming from somewhere I cannot figure out where. The bike just does not feel the same at all.

Anyone else experience this and any thoughts on what to look for or check.

Also is there a way to change engine setting using the obd . Maybe the techs messed with the engine so I would come back so they can make more revenue.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:15 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi Paul,

Never heard of that mate. I would take it right back and see what they have to say.

Good luck,

Roy
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Hi Paul,

Never heard of that mate. I would take it right back and see what they have to say.

Good luck,

Roy
Ditto

Chico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Personally, I would not go back to that dealer, but have the bike looked at by another dealer; perhaps one that has been recommended to you or has good reviews.
It could well be that an inexperienced/new trainee worked on your bike and adjusted the chain wrong (hence the clunk) or uploaded an incorrect update over the OBD (theoretically that should be impossible with model specific safety features in place).
Silly question, but is your bike in RAIN mode?
It can slow throttle response.

Its hard to think how they could mess up so much on a first service or what they could have done to make the bike run so badly!

When you touch your chain, how does it feel? Is it tense/rigid? Or just right ?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:29 AM

Sorry Eisen I don't agree with you. The dealer that performed the service should be the one responsible and have the opportunity to correct the issue. When a customer returns with a complaint about an issue, said customer will most likely get the attention of the service manager and a more senior mechanic will be assigned to take the appropriate corrective measures. The dealer deserves the chance to make things right.
Going to another dealer with a complaint about his competition is not appropriate in my opinion, it will also incur having to pay for something the original and I'm assuming it's the selling dealer should be doing.

Chico
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

I never said he should complain and go whining to another dealer.
Simply to have the bike looked over by a professional and obtain facts about his bike and what happened.
If the OP feel that heīs being forced into a situation where he HAS to return to the dealer in order to spend money, why on earth would he step foot in there again?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:01 AM

Garage
I fall in between Chico and eisen77. I would definitely take it back to the original dealership first and explain the concerns with performance before and after the first service. Then, if the dealership tries to get you to pay to diagnose the problems or is in any way unresponsive to a problem one of their mechanics very likely caused (don't blame, but coincidences are extremely rare when a mechanic is involved), then I'd take it to a different dealership for a second opinion. I'd be sure to explain to the 2nd dealership that you're highly suspicious that something was done incorrectly at the first dealership, because that will make them search for mechanic-created trouble in the hope that they can win over your continued business (while holding the first dealership responsible for any cost to repair the issues if indeed they are mechanic-caused).

Each one matters.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Thatís a very sensible approach, Ysoslo.
I can be (very) extreme at times and quite impatient. Hence the reason I would not waste time with a dealer I donít trust.

But can certainly see the benefit of trying it out your way.
I hope the OP has his issues sorted soon, as itís a frustrating feeling to be in the position he is.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page