Target practice - Triumph Bobber Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bobmark

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Target practice

So there I was, riding with my friends between Bristol and Bournemouth when my starboard DB killer decided to launch itself at my mate Brett behind me.....very noisy journey home with lots of banter and laughing 😂 brilliant day out! The BB was never going to keep up with the R1, Multistrada etc but loved every minute!
chezqui and Psychopasta like this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:30 PM

That brought back a memory of the mid 80's when my mate's AR125LC shot its baffle out during a run. It nearly hit me before getting squashed by a lorry.

Constant removal and replacement of the baffle probably caused it. He was convinced that he was getting more power when it was out and could match another mate's well sorted RD125LC in terms of performance!

The things we did back then to try and increase horsepower!

I however, was stuck in 65mph purgatory on my DT125LC no matter was performance exhaust/reed valve I stuck on it (the concept of gearing had yet to occur to me!)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Haha Guffer, mine was simply a loose retaining screw.....god it was loud afterwards! The strokers were great fun, my first bike was an RGV250 and in 1997 I changed it for an ex demo Aprilia RS250 (Chesterfield)....wish I had it now as they fetch serious money! I’m 6ft 3 and looked ridiculous on it 😂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:35 PM

I chuckled a little but it’s not funny but funny anyway as long as no one gets hurt. I remember loosing a beautiful bar end mirror once whizzing by my buddy behind me at 100 kph.

While on the track once my buddy’s fairing blew off and skinned me, we blamed it on cheap Chinese fairings.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page