5Likes
  • 1 Post By eisen77
  • 1 Post By jerrman
  • 2 Post By Psychopasta
  • 1 Post By gfspencer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Spanish and noisy pipes?

Hi....taking my Bobber to Spain in 4 weeks, has anyone had any experiences of Spanish police and exhausts? I’ve an X-pipe and Trident pipes (baffles in!) and it’s loud, I’ve been warned that they can be a bit touchy and fine you up to 200 euros on the spot! Can anyone give me some advice on this please?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:19 PM

Have you tried packing the baffles? I have the TEC X-pipe with Trident pipes. I packed the baffles with fiberglass sheets and it made a difference.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I deleted my previous post because I spoke to a friend who works in the Guardia Civil. He kindly updated & corrected me.

Basically, yes you can be fined for noise under one article of law and fined again if they bring a decibel meter and discover you’re beyond a certain criteria.
Depending on who stops you and what kind of a mood they are in, you can also be fined for modifying your bike, polluting and for installing non homologated accessories - no matter where your bike is from! And as a tourist, your fine would be on the spot or your vehicle would be seized if you can’t or won’t pay.

But he said all this is very, very rare and someone would really have to have it in for you to bring down the full force of the law (and fines).

Be polite and I believe you’ll be ok.
Think of all the noisy and modded Harleys riding around Spain without a care or worry.
Mallorca is FULL of them (mostly on German plates)

Have a wonderful trip and post some pics of you can. Spain and the Peninsula is stunning!
DanFromVegas likes this.

Last edited by eisen77; 04-24-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:22 PM

Garage
There are a couple of Harleys riding around San SebastiŠn every day that either can afford those hefty fines or more likely never get stopped. I know they’re coming without even looking. So, maybe it’s not as big of an issue as it’s rumored to be in actual practice. I wouldn’t push your luck, though by being to aggressive on the throttle, over revving or idling too high, particular in residential neighborhoods.
DanFromVegas likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

In most countries, upset a cop and you'll have a bad day. Always be polite, don't be cocky.
ysoslo and DanFromVegas like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Hi all.....thanks for this advice, much appreciated 👍 I’ve booked it in for a checkover before I go and they are going to deaden the noise down a bit for me and fit the dreaded flyscreen to make the journey a bit more comfortable! I cycle a lot in Spain and love the roads but I’m thinking 1000 miles in 7 days on the Bob could be a bit of a challenge!😂 we’re coming back over the Pyrenees so I’ll make sure I get some pics 👍
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I deleted my previous post because I spoke to a friend who works in the Guardia Civil. He kindly updated & corrected me.

Basically, yes you can be fined for noise under one article of law and fined again if they bring a decibel meter and discover youíre beyond a certain criteria.
Depending on who stops you and what kind of a mood they are in, you can also be fined for modifying your bike, polluting and for installing non homologated accessories - no matter where your bike is from! And as a tourist, your fine would be on the spot or your vehicle would be seized if you canít or wonít pay.

But he said all this is very, very rare and someone would really have to have it in for you to bring down the full force of the law (and fines).

Be polite and I believe youíll be ok.
Think of all the noisy and modded Harleys riding around Spain without a care or worry.
Mallorca is FULL of them (mostly on German plates)

Have a wonderful trip and post some pics of you can. Spain and the Peninsula is stunning!
A policeman in Spain caught us riding the wrong way down a one-way street. (The guy who was leading us was unfamiliar with European road signs. I knew the signs but I was in the back.) We were polite and apologetic. He led us out of town and pointed us in the right direction. Politeness counts a lot.

I've ridden all over Europe and Spain is probably my favorite place to ride. Great scenery. Great food. Some really nice roads. Friendly people.
eisen77 likes this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page