Ugly Bros Motorpool - Triumph Bobber Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ugly Bros Motorpool

Just wondering what jeans Bobber riders wear. Iím considering a pair of UGLY BROS Motorpool jeans and wondered if any other riders own a pair and if they are any good. They are expensive but certainly look the part!
Here in England there are only a couple of stores that sell them and at £319 a pair they are going to have to be good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13EB23D5-9E3D-46A9-B95A-E760A6025B02.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	31929  
eisen77 and Roy like this.

1960Bobber
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Roy

Garage
Hi,

I have the John Do and can't fault them.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	31931  
1960Bobber and ArmchairHero like this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

URBAN RIDER sell them and I know that wasn’t your question, but I’m mentioning it because they have a faultless return policy in case you don’t like the fit/finish.

Personally I have not tried this brand, but for the price they should be pretty amazing. In my experience, those prices are reserved for top level brands and are aimed at experienced riders who know exactly what they’re looking for when it comes to comfort, safety (and then style).
BTW, I think they would look great with the Bobber.
1960Bobber likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:58 PM

I wear PMJ jeans. Theyíre the most comfy pair Iíve had as they stretch a little, and I donít even notice the knee protection (which is also removable). I like that they are also light and airy even though they are top lined with ballistic material, so in the summer they donít make me sweat like my route one jeans which are thicker. But it al come down to personal prefferance, styling and whatís comfy.

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/...jeans-mid-blue
eisen77 and 1960Bobber like this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

I like the style & color of the PMJ jeans. Thanks for sharing, as I didnít know about them before.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960Bobber View Post
Just wondering what jeans Bobber riders wear. I’m considering a pair of UGLY BROS Motorpool jeans and wondered if any other riders own a pair and if they are any good. They are expensive but certainly look the part!
Here in England there are only a couple of stores that sell them and at £319 a pair they are going to have to be good!
I bought the Kevlar lined version of these from Urban Rider. I didn’t quite get the point of purchasing the unlined versions as they offered no protection that bog standard jeans wouldn’t afford you. As previously mentioned, can’t fault urban rider on any level.
I ordered 2 sizes to get best fit, and returned one pair at no expense to me. Site suggested considering one size up, this was not needed for me.

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/uglybro...ers-olive.html

Last edited by p-trax; 03-29-2019 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added link
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:31 PM

I have several pairs of ugly bros , the Titan and another that I canít remember the name. They are simply stylish stretch Moto inspired jeans ŗ la Balmain, at a lesser price, I like em and wear em all the time when out riding. Especially with a pair of Redwing Engineer boots, pants tucked in of course.
1960Bobber likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 07:46 AM

Garage
Iíve tried the Ugly Bros. jeans in the States. Theyíre very narrowly cut which for me is good as Iím very thin. But, the bottoms are pretty tight. If youíre wearing riding sneakers, that may work ok but, with boots you may have to tuck in the pants as they show on their website. Not sure theyíll go over many boots. Also, as you can see from the pix, they donít exactly hide that theyíre moto pants which depending on where else youíre going during your ride may or may not be an issue. They look cool though and with all the pockets, function well. I wear some Alpinestar jeans which are also cut very slim but, fit over boots (canít recall the model name but, could only get them in Europe). I also have a pair of Revíit jeans which are good, too. For long trips I particularly like cargo pants because of all the pockets. I have a relatively inexpensive pair in which I upgraded the knee/hip armor but theyíre wearing out and am considering the John Doe pants. Just need to find somewhere in my Euro travels that have them so I can try the fit. So far, they donít seem to be carried in the U.S.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 08:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Iíve tried the Ugly Bros. jeans in the States. Theyíre very narrowly cut which for me is good as Iím very thin. But, the bottoms are pretty tight. If youíre wearing riding sneakers, that may work ok but, with boots you may have to tuck in the pants as they show on their website. Not sure theyíll go over many boots. Also, as you can see from the pix, they donít exactly hide that theyíre moto pants which depending on where else youíre going during your ride may or may not be an issue. They look cool though and with all the pockets, function well. I wear some Alpinestar jeans which are also cut very slim but, fit over boots (canít recall the model name but, could only get them in Europe). I also have a pair of Revíit jeans which are good, too. For long trips I particularly like cargo pants because of all the pockets. I have a relatively inexpensive pair in which I upgraded the knee/hip armor but theyíre wearing out and am considering the John Doe pants. Just need to find somewhere in my Euro travels that have them so I can try the fit. So far, they donít seem to be carried in the U.S.
@Roy bought the John Doe pants while in the states, so hopefully he'll chime in with where he found them. I really like the look of them too, but don't need a new pair yet.
1960Bobber likes this.

Each one matters.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:53 AM
Roy

Garage
Hi Guys,

I bought the John Doe trousers of ebay here in the US. I believe they came from the Netherlands.

A bit pricey but hav zero complaints.

Cheerio,

Roy
1960Bobber likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page