Parts ordered from USA... now stuck at Langley? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Parts ordered from USA... now stuck at Langley?

Hi all,

Iíve not ordered anything from abroad for years but recently made a purchase in the form of a oil temp gauge/cap from AJ Cycles.

I believe it was sent directly from Brianís supplier in Taiwan... and having used the tracking number provided I can see that it was received at Langley in the U.K. nearly 2 weeks ago now but it doesnít appear to have moved since and Iíve received no word from the post office.

Iíve tried looking for a means of contacting the post office at Langley... but thatís easier said than done. They done appear to have a direct phone number and the only number Iíve found, (which is one of these 3rd party companies that charge to connect your call) doesnít even work. Iíve also looked for an email but canít find one and finally tried their online chat... but that doesnít work either.

I can only assume that there is a customs fee to pay... which I would be happy to pay but frustratingly I canít get a hold of them and they havenít reached out to me.

Has anyone experienced the same issue or can anyone offer any advice?

Iím starting to wish I hadnít bothered now and certainly donít think Iíd bother ordering from abroad again!

Hereís all the info I can gleem from the post office site by means of using the tracking numbe...
https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...1&d=1551985465
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E6E6F2DF-877D-41E5-8AE6-1504C8F71A15.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	31255  
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:39 PM

Garage
Phone and complain is a good starting point - 03457 740 740

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethariel View Post
Phone and complain is a good starting point - 03457 740 740
I had just managed to find that very nymimber for myself. Part issue of me using a tiny phone screen to search and part them making the number difficult to find on their site.

Iíll give them a bell tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:00 AM

Garage
Isn't Langley the home of the CIA?

Mike, be careful not to complain too much...unless you fancy a free orange jump suit and an all-expenses trip to Guantanamo Bay!!!
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:20 AM

It isn't necessarily the tax I mind (yes I do) but the fact that they charge you to collect the tax!
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:51 AM

For my sins I once worked for UK Customs in a Parcel Post Depot. They would have a couple of people checking the labels for goods liable to duty, vat etc. These would then be opened for examination (sometimes) My crap job was to write down all the charges in triplicate. Now being on the receiving end of these charges the part I object to most is the Post
Office's handling charge. Its a scandalous amount for cutting open a package and resealing it.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 10:26 AM

I hope this reply isn't insensitive because I do feel for you but to give a balanced view for those thinking of buying from across the pond, my oil temperature gauge arrived today safely - also from AJ Cycles. Took about a week and no customs charges. Good luck tracking yours down mate - it's a quality piece of kit.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:25 PM

I bought a Supercharger for my air-cooled VW from a guy in Texas. I didn't want to declare a lesser price in case it went missing but I explained about the import tax and he said he would sort it.

When the huge box arrived - the outside was covered with 'Happy Birtday' wishes etc.

Great guy.
TheBigGuy likes this.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggartuk View Post
I hope this reply isn't insensitive because I do feel for you but to give a balanced view for those thinking of buying from across the pond, my oil temperature gauge arrived today safely - also from AJ Cycles. Took about a week and no customs charges. Good luck tracking yours down mate - it's a quality piece of kit.
I tried calling the post office today... lots of, ďpresss option 2 for... press option 1 forĒ etc. Only to be told that the sender needs to open an investigation into a missing parcel and that I canít as the recipient!

I wouldnít bother asking AJ Cycles to do this... I appreciate the mark up on such an item is probably small enough without all of that hassle.

Iíll just wait to see if it turns up at some point... if not then Iíll chalk it up to experience.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:45 PM

Is it this one you ordered Mike?

https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/tr...on-17121-p.asp This is what I have on my Bobber and I love it. As you can see you can get these from the UK.

For what it's worth, many years ago I ordered some bits from the US, great price, until the item got stopped at customs and I had to pay the duty before they would release. I have never bothered since, from what I can remember the price saving was eaten up in the customs duty.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page