Traffic accident whith my bobber black - Triumph Bobber Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Traffic accident whith my bobber black

Hi,

Last January 13 I had a traffic accident with my BB. A van hit me and fled.

The result was a broken elbow and wrist, and leg bruises.

Of the material damages were the jacket, the gloves, the helmet (and thanks to that it was well protected) and of course the motorcycle.

I already have the BB repaired and at home ... the invoice has been 3070€.... It has been repaired in an official workshop and only estetic damage has been.

Conclusions:

- The driver who fled is a son of a b*****
- It is VERY VERY IMPORTANT to have a good helmet and clothes to drive safely
- Luckily I'm already recovered
- The parts of this motorcycle are very expensive in official workshop
- The engine dresser bars are VERY VERY IMPORTANT.... thanks to them the bike did not suffer more damage.
- This weekend I will drive my BB ... a month and a half without driving is much

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:56 AM

Hi Didakpc,

Glad your ok and you bike could be repaired. No matter where you are in the world there will always be people who are selfish. Regardless of fault, he/she should have stopped to make sure you were alive. In some countries, not offering help, even as a bystander can land you in jail.

Other than that, how is riding in Spain?
Irisheye and didakpc like this.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairHero View Post
Hi Didakpc,

Glad your ok and you bike could be repaired. No matter where you are in the world there will always be people who are selfish. Regardless of fault, he/she should have stopped to make sure you were alive. In some countries, not offering help, even as a bystander can land you in jail.

Other than that, how is riding in Spain?

Thanks ArmchairHero, in theory also in Spain not to offering help involves going to jail.

Surely this driver would not carry a document in order or had consumed alcohol.

In general it is not chaotic to drive in Spain and the rules are respected, although in big cities like Madrid people are in a hurry ... so it is best to enjoy the motorbike on secondary roads further away from the big cities. Right now I live in Madrid and it is 14 degrees Celsius, although this afternoon we will be almost 20. Driving through the northern mountains of Madrid is a bit colder but there are incredible roads to enjoy the bike and the landscapes.
ArmchairHero and Tamisinjo like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:57 AM

I had some motorcycle accident, one of then in a high speed road... at 140 KM/h... My friend hit me on back... God blessed me and i had not injuries, but i loose my Yamaha VMAX .
I learned some important lessons , keep a security distance from your mate on the roads and the most important, use appopriate clothes and a good helmet ( not half helmets please ).

Good to know that you are fine.
ysoslo and didakpc like this.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Roy

Garage
So Sorry to hear this,

But pleased both you and the bike survived. I have had my fair share of such accidents, so no it isn't any fun at all.

Re the van driver, in this day and age I'm surprised there wasn't any cc tv footage that could help.

Again, really glad you are okay mate.

All the best,

Roy
didakpc likes this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear your story, but glad to hear you and bike are on the mend.
didakpc likes this.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:32 PM

Garage
Your description of the van driver is kind to say the least. I have much stronger words for him or her. Glad to hear you’re ok now. You’re definitely right about a helmet and good protective clothing. Interested in your dresser bars. Are they from Triumph?
didakpc likes this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 03:03 PM

Good to hear you are ok and able to ride again. Big thumbs up for good riding gear. I'm also feeling pretty good for having put the same dresser bars on my BB. Good to see real life results, a slam to the engine case and fuel tank would have easily double your repair bill.
didakpc likes this.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Your description of the van driver is kind to say the least. I have much stronger words for him or her. Glad to hear you’re ok now. You’re definitely right about a helmet and good protective clothing. Interested in your dresser bars. Are they from Triumph?
Yes, they are the reference A9788022

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax5777 View Post
Good to hear you are ok and able to ride again. Big thumbs up for good riding gear. I'm also feeling pretty good for having put the same dresser bars on my BB. Good to see real life results, a slam to the engine case and fuel tank would have easily double your repair bill.

The fuel tank was damaged a little (very little) in the crash by hitting the handlebar. My handlebar has a riser (Handlebar riser Wunderkind) and maybe that's why it touched. The truth is that the protector was the best accessory that I bought from my BB

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page