Anyone watch the show Ride with Norman Reedus? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By majstevetrevor
  • 1 Post By ajax5777

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Anyone watch the show Ride with Norman Reedus?

Reedus is an actor from the Walking Dead (which I have only seen a bit, so that's neither here nor there to me) who is also a motorcycle rider. I found the first season to be very fun to watch. He would usually pick up a friend and go meet some local club or riders and do local rides with motorcycle people. They often rode or encountered classic or custom bikes and would talk about the bikes and the rides. Laid back and pretty fun stuff.

The second season I liked less. It became more focused on Reedus's famous friends and less about bikes and rides. Also, it seems like Triumph must have signed on to sponsor the second season, because all of the sudden everyone was riding new Triumphs, and there was very little talk of other bikes, which was a real loss I think.

The third season is just out, and it looks to be even less about bikes and more of a "travel with my famous friends" show. BUT, in the first episode of the new season one of the famous friends is Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. I was a big fan as a youngster, so that was cool with me! Reedus and Jeffrey Dean Morgan of Walking Dead road around southern England a bit, met Elsbeth Beard (very cool) and went to Stonehenge. Again, all a little too slick, but I will no doubt continue to watch. Reedus is a likeable dude, and there just aren't that many moto shows to watch.

Now, if you've read this far, we now come to the most relevant part for this forum: In the new episode (season 3, episode 1) his buddy Morgan rides a Bobber. It's nice to see. A bit funny sometimes to see how low he is compared to Reedus on a Tiger (I think it is...). Unfortunately they ever identify the bike or say anything about it. It's a shame to see the focus get away from the machines. But good to see a bobber...
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:19 AM

I have watched season 1, it was ok, probably because Reedus is riding the same Tiger model that I have and it was about riding. Have to agree, season 2 looked to be more about the people and I lost interest after 3 or 4 episodes. I too like Anderson so may have to watch that episode. Don't know why there isn't a decent motorcycle show out there with enough emphasis on people to keep the show about motorcycles interesting. I was very hopeful that RIDE was going to develop into that but knew there was trouble when in every road scene you can see his chase vehicle and some form of law enforcement vehicle trailing him. Some scenes blatantly show cop cars with flashing light blocking streets during stopped times. I guess there just isn't enough interest in the people that make tv/movies, even though some of the most memorable entertainment ever made were motorcycle themed. Then Came Bronson, Easy Rider, even some of those cheezy biker movies from the 60's, and who doesn't know about the motorcycle build television shows, the Teutul's, Jesse James, etc etc etc.
majstevetrevor likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax5777 View Post
I have watched season 1, it was ok, probably because Reedus is riding the same Tiger model that I have and it was about riding. Have to agree, season 2 looked to be more about the people and I lost interest after 3 or 4 episodes. I too like Anderson so may have to watch that episode. Don't know why there isn't a decent motorcycle show out there with enough emphasis on people to keep the show about motorcycles interesting. I was very hopeful that RIDE was going to develop into that but knew there was trouble when in every road scene you can see his chase vehicle and some form of law enforcement vehicle trailing him. Some scenes blatantly show cop cars with flashing light blocking streets during stopped times. I guess there just isn't enough interest in the people that make tv/movies, even though some of the most memorable entertainment ever made were motorcycle themed. Then Came Bronson, Easy Rider, even some of those cheezy biker movies from the 60's, and who doesn't know about the motorcycle build television shows, the Teutul's, Jesse James, etc etc etc.

Ian Anderson comes in only near the end, and of course he seems very reserved compared to the Americans. ("Ah yes, I understand your a "hugger," he says to Reedus when they meet and has to give him a hug.)

I like Henry Cole's The Motorbike Show, though it is difficult to watch it here in the US. Several seasons are not available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:59 PM
GPz

I've watched prior seasons. Some episodes were very good, others I couldn't even get thru. Reedus seems to have a pretty cool, laid-back and open minded attitude which I enjoy. It wouldn't kill him to wash his hair every couple months though, sheesh.

-GPz
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz View Post
I've watched prior seasons. Some episodes were very good, others I couldn't even get thru. Reedus seems to have a pretty cool, laid-back and open minded attitude which I enjoy. It wouldn't kill him to wash his hair every couple months though, sheesh.

-GPz
Yeah , I noticed he has more grease in his hair than I do on my chain.........

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page