Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Speedmaster tank upgrade

41K views 87 replies 31 participants last post by  Luke 
#1 ·
So, I want to put the bigger Speedmaster tank on my bobber. Does anyone know if it has to be a newer tank or will any year work?
I’d rather not buy one and get it only to find out it doesn’t plug and play like some who have changed theirs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bashimoto

#8 ·
I must say that for me the upgrade to the Speedmaster tank has been one of my favorite mods.

Along with also adding the Speedmaster headlight it has changing the look of the bike significantly and in a way I really like. Saying that, I feel for a stripped down 'bobber' look the original tank is excellent and looks stunning, I just can't help 'tweaking' the bike for my version of perfection..:grin2:

The extra fuel capacity is great and if you live in remote areas (I do) it's really quite important.

Whatever your choice or preference both the Speedmaster and Bobber are truly beautiful bikes. For me? I'm pleased I have created a hybrid (aka SpeedBobber) and love the way she is coming along.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

#12 ·
I like Roy's bike... I'm definitely doing the BSM tank, apes, and Corbin saddle. Also like the chop rear fender kit. I ride with nearly all HDs, and they are all green. Lol. This is my road captain bike... like a sheepdog rounding up the hogs. I'm old school... no big group of Harleys is complete without a few Triumphs in the mix. And I love bossing the hogs on an '18 TBBB. No way they can keep up! ?

Attachments

#14 ·
I ride with nearly all HDs, and they are all green. Lol. This is my road captain bike... like a sheepdog rounding up the hogs. I'm old school... no big group of Harleys is complete without a few Triumphs in the mix. And I love bossing the hogs on an '18 TBBB. No way they can keep up! ?
Don’t forget the pipe and xpipe mods. I mean we have to keep up with appearances after all.

#13 ·
Hi danjo,

Thanks for the compliment. The funny thing is I think I have had more compliments from Harley riders on my Triumph than anything else. Especially the older chaps who remembers them back in the 60's and 70's.

I'm an old Harley fan as I bought my first one back when I was 20 and they were pretty scarce in England. But must say I don't think I have ever owned a bike I enjoyed more than my Triumph, a wonderful machine in every respect.

Cheerio,

Roy

#23 · (Edited)
I can attest that the 2018+ Speedmaster tank will fit and that it’s plug-n-play. No error codes or issues whatsoever. Just swap over the internals and reinstall.

The larger tank changes the appearance of the bike IMHO. The larger Speedmaster tank looks more prominent and gives the bike a beefier look - not Bobberesque at all.

#33 ·
Since my tank had a couple of big dents in it from my accident, I asked for pricing for both a new Bobber tank and a Speedmaster tank and the Speedmaster tank was actually around $70 less than a new Bobber tank, although it ended up being a little more money since I decided to change the fuel sensor out for the new tank too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.