New Years Day Ride - Triumph Bobber Forum
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By BOBBYP
  • 1 Post By GPz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

New Years Day Ride

It was only about 47F or 8C today for the high but the roads were clear due to a drenching rain last nite. I hadn't ridden in a good month because of cold and salty roads. I only took the Bobber out for about a half an hour on some of my favorite roads but it felt great! I then repeated it with my favorite Harley because they need love too!

All in all a good way to start the NewYear!
Forjox, ysoslo and Roy like this.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 04:22 PM
GPz

Yeah, I took a brisk 25 minute ride today at 38 degrees F. I wore regular summer gloves because that's the only type of motorcycle gloves I currently own. It was a lot of fun for the first 15 minutes but by the end my fingers were sold darn cold they actually hurt!

Since spring is a long way off maybe I need to consider some winter M/C gloves, or just try the ones I use while running the snowblower. When I was a kid I rode dirt bikes in foot-deep snow and I don't remember having this problem. I guess I really am getting old.

-GPz/Gary
Forjox likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page