Handlebar specs for stock Bobber and Speedmaster bars? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By majstevetrevor

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Handlebar specs for stock Bobber and Speedmaster bars?

Looking around at handlebars to see what I might eventually replace my stock bars with -- something a little wider and with more pullback. Between Baak, British Customs, Bike Brothers, and Raisch there are some nice options. BUT, I am actually having a hard time finding the measurement specs for the stock bars on the Bobber and on the Speedmaster. (The latter as an option for my Bobber, as some others have done.) So, just wondering if anyone has the official numbers -- height, width, pullback. Thanks!
Willy likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 08:19 PM

Handlebar

I'm just looking for the same thing but I'm not sure what type of handlebar is what I should buy. Did you find the information you were looking for about the measurements?
Thanks!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:24 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi Gents,

This may not be of much help but I also wanted wider bars and finally went with customizing the mini apes.

Thread below for interest.

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...d-finally.html

Cheerio,

Roy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 03:23 AM

My bars

I put speedmaster bars on my bobber , easy switch ... no extra customization all the cut outs are in the correct place ..

Look closely at an exploded diagram of your stock handlebars before you purchase aftermarket parts , then have to have work done to get a good fit

Very comfy and i think it looks great
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
I'm just looking for the same thing but I'm not sure what type of handlebar is what I should buy. Did you find the information you were looking for about the measurements?
Thanks!

I've never gotten the official numbers. Width is easy to measure of course, and it's about 30-31" or so. But pullback and height are trickier without taking the bars off the bike. British Customs' Tracker Bar Kit is now (finally!) available, and it looks just about right to me. I may end up getting it, but am holding off for now, waiting also for their tail light. But I've also installed the Motone up and over risers (1" up and 1" back), and that may end up being good enough for me.

BC bars: https://britishcustoms.com/collectio...neville-bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96734NC View Post
I put speedmaster bars on my bobber , easy switch ... no extra customization all the cut outs are in the correct place ..

Look closely at an exploded diagram of your stock handlebars before you purchase aftermarket parts , then have to have work done to get a good fit

Very comfy and i think it looks great

I love the looks of the Speedmaster bars, but when I sat on one at the dealer they seemed like too much pullback for me, with my wrists really twisted inward. Perhaps something I'd get used to quickly, but seemed a bit off for me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page