WTB: Black statement seat - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

WTB: Black statement seat

Just figured I’d check to see if anyone has a black statement seat they’re interested in selling, or know of a dealer that will sell at a discount. I am looking to get one, but currently they are $335 new. Not quite willing to pay that... Cheers.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Garage
If you can't find one used, this site has discounted Triumph parts which gets it below $300.

https://www.pure-triumph.com/p-7120-...-a9700481.aspx
majstevetrevor likes this.

Each one matters.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 03:17 PM

You can always buy a brown one and dye it. Brown to black is an easy leather dye.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
You can always buy a brown one and dye it. Brown to black is an easy leather dye.
Same price I think, though if I find a brown one used that might be an idea. But I wonder how easy would be to die these.... It seems afairly impermeable leather. But I’ve never done that sort of work.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 11:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by majstevetrevor View Post
Same price I think, though if I find a brown one used that might be an idea. But I wonder how easy would be to die these.... It seems afairly impermeable leather. But I’ve never done that sort of work.
It’s probably pretty easy but, I really wonder how you could duplicate the slightly vintage gray tones that are in the black Statement seat. To me, that is part of its appeal.

BTW, IMO, the Statement seat is far and away the best looking option
Triumph makes. I had the brown one for about a year and a half. I reluctantly gave up on it, not because of comfort (although admittedly, it doesn’t have much) but, I found the support lacking and one rougher roads, potholes, etc. I was holding on to the bars and tank too much. So, I recovered the OEM in a leather tuck and roll that, in appearance, is very close to the vintage distressed look of the black Statement seat. Very satisfied.

Anyway, good luck on your search.
eisen77 likes this.

Last edited by jerrman; 12-07-2018 at 11:48 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Same price I think, though if I find a brown one used that might be an idea. But I wonder how easy would be to die these.... It seems afairly impermeable leather. But Iíve never done that sort of work.
Yes, I was thinking that maybe you could find a used brown one and dye it black. Any shoe store could dye it . . . if there are shoe stores anymore.

I have a brown statement seat. It is as hard as a rock. I'm not using it right now but I haven't decided to give it up yet.
majstevetrevor likes this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Quote:
It’s probably pretty easy but, I really wonder how you could duplicate the slightly vintage gray tones that are in the black Statement seat. To me, that is part of its appeal.

BTW, IMO, the Statement seat is far and away the best looking option
Triumph makes. I had the brown one for about a year and a half. I reluctantly gave up on it, not because of comfort (although admittedly, it doesn’t have much) but, I found the support lacking and one rougher roads, potholes, etc. I was holding on to the bars and tank too much. So, I recovered the OEM in a leather tuck and roll that, in appearance, is very close to the vintage distressed look of the black Statement seat. Very satisfied.

Anyway, good luck on your search.
👍
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
Quote:
Yes, I was thinking that maybe you could find a used brown one and dye it black. Any shoe store could dye it . . . if there are shoe stores anymore.

I have a brown statement seat. It is as hard as a rock. I'm not using it right now but I haven't decided to give it up yet. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/images/TriumphBobberForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/IMG]
Thanks, keep me posted on whether you decide to sell yours...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 02:17 PM

I can sell you a new, unused, stock seat which can easily be covered and gel layered at any upholstery shop. Personally I’m using a gel layered Mother Road vintage seat and I love it both look and feel. I having a custom battery cover made to match in leather with leather strap and buckle. I may also make custom leather fender tips but still thinking it over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AD6A9E17-FABA-4067-9F8D-0037E2906B84_1544293018431.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	29657   Click image for larger version

Name:	F7D520C2-7FE9-44A0-9A0D-2AA111CAE41C_1544293053060.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	29659  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymz View Post
I can sell you a new, unused, stock seat which can easily be covered and gel layered at any upholstery shop. Personally Iím using a gel layered Mother Road vintage seat and I love it both look and feel. I having a custom battery cover made to match in leather with leather strap and buckle. I may also make custom leather fender tips but still thinking it over.

Appreciate the offer but I'll pass. The statement seat is a bit more narrow and differently shaped than stock, which is what I like about it.

Cool like though!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page