• 4 Post By MX429
  • 1 Post By Roy
  • 1 Post By Roy
  • 2 Post By gfspencer
  • 3 Post By Forjox

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Something new on bobber today

I have 7k miles on my bike and I did something today that I have never done. Several times when leaving hard on a cold tire, I felt like traction control was maybe helping me out a little. Today, for the first time, I turned off traction control. When I left our meeting spot, rolled out of the drive and entered the roadway...I stabbed it. I lit up the rear tire. Pretty darn cool.

Tires cost too much to make it habit...but it was cool to ride out a churning rear tire.
Ethariel, Guffer, Roy and 1 others like this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Roy

Garage
Not practical I know but great fun to do such things.

I'm long past the time when I want to burn rubber but I do recall as a youngster whenever our tyrer's were due for a chance the requisite burn out or donut would be obligatory. I once stopped traffic in the middle of the bridge at Bridgnorth once doing such a donut on my 650 Honda...

Gosh did I think I was the coolest kid in town that day..

Cheerio,

Roy
unparalleledltwin likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 08:32 PM

Garage
I did the same on the 10 mile run to the tyre shop when my rear was ready to be replaced, TCS off and get lary with the throttle. I really didn't realise just how much work TCS does for my riding style these days and I don't really think I'd be anywhere near as in control as I was in years gone by if i jumped onto something with no TCS. (Abs is a bit different, I'm usually mortified if it kicks in)

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

I agree. I think traction control has kicked on me more times than I was aware. A few times were really evident, but this bike does have the power to move the rear tire.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Roy.

If 'officer Plodd' happens to spring you in my part of the globe, and in some states, burn-outs will cost you demit points against your license and vehicle impounded for 30 days + a hefty fine and they sting you for storage at the impound,
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Rocket 48 View Post
Roy.

If 'officer Plodd' happens to spring you in my part of the globe, and in some states, burn-outs will cost you demit points against your license and vehicle impounded for 30 days + a hefty fine and they sting you for storage at the impound,
Wow. Sad to live under things like that. That’s government gone wrong for sure.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:16 PM
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Roy.

Hi RR48,

O yes I had plenty of points on my license as a young lad. Believe it or not I actually accumulated points even before I got my license, as me and a mate got caught two-up on his bike before he had passed his test, so I got done for aiding and abetting on two counts for that. Some months later when I was eligible to apply for my first license the new license came with those points already on it..

Cheerio,

Roy
Psychopasta likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Roy.

Is Queensland the worst? I remember one time driving with some pals there back in the early 90's. We were pulled over because one of my mates had long hair. The copper thought it looked "suspicious".
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffer View Post
Is Queensland the worst? I remember one time driving with some pals there back in the early 90's. We were pulled over because one of my mates had long hair. The copper thought it looked "suspicious".
Sometimes hair works to your advantage. I got pulled a few years ago when I passed a cop on a double yellow line. (Unmarked SUV.) He lit me up and pulled me over. When I took off my helmet he could see all my gray hair. He told me to be more careful in the future and let me go.
ysoslo and Roy like this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
Sometimes hair works to your advantage. I got pulled a few years ago when I passed a cop on a double yellow line. (Unmarked SUV.) He lit me up and pulled me over. When I took off my helmet he could see all my gray hair. He told me to be more careful in the future and let me go.
I agree. A couple years ago wifey and I got pulled over for speeding after racing a smaller Japanese tuner car from a stoplight in her Crossfire SRT6. Needless to say, I won! When the cop arrived at the door, his immediate response was “how old are you”?? We talked a bit about the car and he left me off with a warning!
Psychopasta, gfspencer and Roy like this.

Riding Free

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page