• 2 Post By Freddy
  • 1 Post By Bobber-Bomb
  • 2 Post By Freddy
  • 1 Post By Ethariel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Spinger Seat

Maybe it's the fact that I'm relatively light 72kg or that I used to own a HD48 with one of the worst seats ever to grace a motorcycle and stock suspension that just didn't work that I have no issues with the comfort on the Bobber. Would I want to do 500miles in a day on it...no it's a bobber not a GS! But IMHO I think for bobbing around on, for short to medium runs it's perfect. But I know there are a lot people on here who find the bobber uncomfortable and dream of a sprung seat, and for them I thought I'd share a couple of pictures I took of a pre-production bobber from the Triumph factory museum. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5495.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	29557   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5496.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	29559  
Psychopasta, Roy, Freddy and 1 others like this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 07:23 AM

Garage
Also being lightweight, I agree about the stock seat being fine (in my case recovered with leather and some better foam). But, that pre-production seat sure looks comfortable. 👍
Bobber-Bomb and Freddy like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:46 AM

Garage
I'm 70kg and had the quilted seat on my BB from new so never tried the stock seat. However, my issue wasn't the seat but the way the rear suspension so easily bottomed out which can't be good for it or the bike over time. Plus gave a **** of a jolt to my lower back. Found it fine on good roads but bumps not so good. Since fitting the Fox Shock it hasn't bottomed out once. I put the Corbin on because I like the style and it is certainly comfortable.
eisen77 and Louie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 01:21 PM

I'd invest in those bullet lenses. that's what I rock on my Harley. Love em.

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
I'm 70kg and had the quilted seat on my BB from new so never tried the stock seat. However, my issue wasn't the seat but the way the rear suspension so easily bottomed out which can't be good for it or the bike over time. Plus gave a **** of a jolt to my lower back. Found it fine on good roads but bumps not so good. Since fitting the Fox Shock it hasn't bottomed out once. I put the Corbin on because I like the style and it is certainly comfortable.
Hey Freddy, comfort on a motorbike is such a personal thing, one man's armchair is another man's torture rack! We're all different, you've just got to find out what works for you and roads you ride. I once met Nick Sanders (the high-speed round the world adventurer) who used to do a 1000miles a day on an R1!
Freddy likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 08:44 PM

Garage
Yes, very true. I really like the Corbin seat as it has a deep well and raised back so keeps me in place nicely. Others I know would not like that as prefer to be able to move more in the seat.
Bobber-Bomb and Louie like this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:37 PM

Garage
Std seat with my padded buttocks is fine for as long as my back can take the ride so i'm good with triumph Vinyl
Bobber-Bomb likes this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
What's the deal with the tank? Front area near the bars has been chopped....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber-Bomb View Post
Maybe it's the fact that I'm relatively light 72kg or that I used to own a HD48 with one of the worst seats ever to grace a motorcycle and stock suspension that just didn't work that I have no issues with the comfort on the Bobber. Would I want to do 500miles in a day on it...no it's a bobber not a GS! But IMHO I think for bobbing around on, for short to medium runs it's perfect. But I know there are a lot people on here who find the bobber uncomfortable and dream of a sprung seat, and for them I thought I'd share a couple of pictures I took of a pre-production bobber from the Triumph factory museum. Enjoy

That seat Is very very do able .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page