Round 2: Bobber Mods - Triumph Bobber Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Round 2: Bobber Mods

Here are some pics....my old rear fender assembly is gone: replaced with a Fender Assembly from Wunderkind Customs (Germany). This Fender assembly came with 2 very tiny LED turn signals...and it really cleans up the back of the Bobber nicely I think...(I did have to have the Fender Assembly painted: it comes to you bare metal)
Added a 50 Caliber Ammo Can to the Right side (it was going to replace the bag on the left, but the Vertical License Plate Holder is Angled an interfered with the Ammo Can..so I kept the little bag on the left side and mounted the Can on the Right...)
I initially thought of either a 30 Caliber Can or a Fat 50 Can...but these cans were too narrow and too large respectively...but..like Goldilocks..the 50 Cal Can was just right...
Vertical Plate Holder has a 2" tail light - from TC Brothers
Velocity Stacks with Bird Cage Screens and Pre-Filters from PJ Motorsports
A 3D printed Wire Harness Cover was attached to cover up the wires exposed from the removal of the Air Box...I forgot the name of the company but it is in France that makes it..pretty nifty..just bolts right on.
I put on a grilled 6.5" Head Light that I got from panic cycles...it came with a Halogen Bulb which I swapped out with an LED bulb so the Amperage load on the circuit would be lower. To mount it: I have to cut out a piece of Bar Stock and drill 3 holes...
Chain Guard is gone..
Front Fender ran away...
I added a small piece of Bar Stock to the left side where the Front Fender attaches to the forks to prevent my front brake line from rubbing against the front tire
Front Turn Signals were replaced with LED Turn Signals from Motogadget which fit on the ends of the Handlebars
4" Offset Fog light is from Carpy's Cafe Racers
Speedmaster Forward Foot Controls - because the original foot controls made me feel like a Monkey having a little too much fun with a football..legs feel much less cramped now!
British Customs Drag Pipes
British Customs X-Pipe
because...it just makes the Bobber sound really cool...and now I feel like I am Moses on 2 wheels when I am splitting the lane on the Freeway...the sea of cars parts before me as I roar past....
Added a Booster Plug to enrich the Fuel/Air mixture..which was running way too lean from the added air coming in through the velocity stacks...(the bike is a little more peppy too!)
Swapped out the stock Rear Shock because it really sucked, and replaced with with a Mono-shock from Fox
Standard Front end got thrown away and replaced with a Bobber Black Front End with Dual Front Disc Brakes and smaller front wheel
Avon Cobra Whitewall Tires were put on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike Rear2.png
Views:	173
Size:	850.5 KB
ID:	29067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike Rear Right2.png
Views:	165
Size:	875.5 KB
ID:	29069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike Front Right2.png
Views:	154
Size:	723.4 KB
ID:	29071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike Front Left2.png
Views:	154
Size:	823.3 KB
ID:	29073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike Right Side View2.png
Views:	209
Size:	918.7 KB
ID:	29075  

eisen77, Dyna, Leon and 2 others like this.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Great write up and really extensive (and cool) mods.
Big like !
RoadNBobber likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:15 PM

I love it.
RoadNBobber likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:18 PM

Garage
Some nice work there! 😉

Can you tell me... the rear fender appears to be a little longer than the shortened Triumph option, that said do you feel it will still flick water up your back on rainy days? I appreciate you might not know the answer to this one yet!

Also... I have the same ammunition boxes in my garage and the same side bag as you. I was considering mountain one each side and removing the little bag. Do you think it would be possible to mount the plate to one of the boxes?

Finally... did the Wunderkind lights not have running, brake and indicators all combined?

Thanks in advance.
RoadNBobber likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

You can set up the Wunderkind lights to be running and Turn Signals and Brake. The Wunderkind lights on my Bobber are set up to be Running and Turn Signals only. The light above my TC Brothers Plate Holder is both Running and Brake Light.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:28 PM

Garage
Round 2🤔!!? You mean, there’s a Round 3 in the works? 😲. Great mods, great job.
RoadNBobber likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Here's what it sounds like....
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrman View Post
Round 2🤔!!? You mean, there’s a Round 3 in the works? 😲. Great mods, great job.
Yep!
I have a mini-round where I will put on a used and modified (repainted to Morrello Red) T100 Tank that I got a deal on. This will bump my Tank Capacity up from 2.4 Gallons to 3.5 Gallons.
Also going to modify the exhaust a little by putting in some Lollipops to give the bike a little more Back pressure than it is getting from the X-Pipe..this should bump up the HP a little...without losing the sound character coming out of the Drag pipes..

And Round 3 (about 2 years from now) will be some major Engine Work to greatly enhance the performance!
Garrett Turbo Charger with an Intercooler
More Aggressive Camshaft (thinking about using the Camshaft that is on the Thruxton R)
Ported out Head with larger Valves

It already is pretty zippy with the Velocity Stacks and X-Pipe.
It currently needs to have a Power Commander V and it needs to be dyno'ed and mapped..but I live in Kalistan...and Dynojet is finicky on selling unrestricted power commanders to my state...as an interim solution I added a Booster Plug.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:45 PM
Roy

Garage
Love how this is coming together, really unique.

That extra light looks great.

Cheerio,

Roy
RoadNBobber likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Night View of the Bobber Wunderkind Customs Rear Fender Assembly with Running Lights
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bobber Night View2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	29077  
Mike J Commo likes this.