Anyone have a scooter? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

So I see posts about Cigars so I thought I’d write about something else that my kids and me have been having a load of fun on recently. I’ve bought some electric scooters for the family. These are the scooters you are seeing for rent now in the big US cities. These things are awesome!!! The batteries last all day and these things really move. Here are photos of the Quiwa I own. It goes 30 mph! I also own a few from Xiaomi. As all of us like to ride and feel the wind I highly recommend these for short trips to town to run errands. No waiting at lights, park anywhere etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	434EA888-45F5-4CCA-8E88-660EBA466370_1540782182483.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	28827  
ysoslo likes this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 03:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So I see posts about Cigars so I thought Iíd write about something else that my kids and me have been having a load of fun on recently. Iíve bought some electric scooters for the family. These are the scooters you are seeing for rent now in the big US cities. These things are awesome!!! The batteries last all day and these things really move. Here are photos of the Quiwa I own. It goes 30 mph! I also own a few from Xiaomi. As all of us like to ride and feel the wind I highly recommend these for short trips to town to run errands. No waiting at lights, park anywhere etc.
Illegal in the UK....

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 07:15 AM

Garage
I've got a Vespa Sprint 150. It's a good fun little runaround and does a comfortable 120kmph. Sold my Honda after buying the BB but no way will I let the Vespa go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 07:24 AM

Iíve got a couple of electric Goped hoverboards... Iíve got them registered as disability scooters and have used them all over the U.K. for the last 8 years or so...

My main use is taking the dog for a walk, he trots alongside, or going to British Superbike race meetings, where they really save my legs when I want to watch the racing from different vantage points..

Technically theyíre illegal, but I donít ride like a dick, and respect other pedestrians etc, and Iíve never had a problem, I even had police come and ask about the scooters on the sea front in Great Yarmouth, and in Spain. Once I explained my walking difficulties they were fine with it
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 07:59 AM

Garage
Really cool...but why ďno waiting at lightsĒ? Recently outlawed here in Milwaukee until some kind of licensing agreement can be made. They were in the news everyday for about a month...then....pffttt.

Riding Free
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:29 AM

They look like fun . . . but if I fell off one of those things I would never recover.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 09:35 AM

Hereís a pic of my Gopeds....

Iíve altered the gearing to make them slower.... so I get max about 18 mph... but most of the time Iím at walking pace with the dog at my side...

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So I see posts about Cigars so I thought Iíd write about something else that my kids and me have been having a load of fun on recently. Iíve bought some electric scooters for the family. These are the scooters you are seeing for rent now in the big US cities. These things are awesome!!! The batteries last all day and these things really move. Here are photos of the Quiwa I own. It goes 30 mph! I also own a few from Xiaomi. As all of us like to ride and feel the wind I highly recommend these for short trips to town to run errands. No waiting at lights, park anywhere etc.

Where did you get your Quiwa? I can't seem to find where to purchase. Also, what do you think of your xiaomi? Ive seen them at decent prices.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

I found it on Amazon. When I go back there now it’s not available. I think these things sell like crazy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page