Lowered Handlebars - has anyone done it and have recommendations? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Lowered Handlebars - has anyone done it and have recommendations?

Hi all, I'm a new Bobber owner and I'd like to drop my bars, either getting lower-rise bars or even going extreme with clip-ons. Has anyone done this and have recommendations on a way forward? Or is it a terrible idea? I did a quick search through the forum and couldn't see anything on this topic already under discussion.

Thanks

Cam
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Have you thought about using the bars from the Triumph Speed Cup?
They are lower than the OEM but less extreme than clip ons.
I think the clip ons look AMAZING.

Bobber-Bomb, Louie and ysoslo like this.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

@eisen77 thanks mate, I ended up ringing my local Triumph dealer for suggestions and they suggested the genuine Triumph clip-ons. After giving it some more thought, I ordered those and now just waiting for the workshop to fit them for me. Can't wait! Creating a more aggressive position on the Bobber is going to be really, really fun.
eisen77 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 03:14 AM

I fitted the clip ons 4 weeks after getting the bobber. It was an adjustment for sure but after a few hours of riding it felt good. Its kind of weird because of the mid set foot controls and low arm position. I have been looking for rear sets for the bobber with no luck. seems that any bobber with rear sets are custom.

Enjoy the clip ons!!!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Shilton View Post
@eisen77 thanks mate, I ended up ringing my local Triumph dealer for suggestions and they suggested the genuine Triumph clip-ons. After giving it some more thought, I ordered those and now just waiting for the workshop to fit them for me. Can't wait! Creating a more aggressive position on the Bobber is going to be really, really fun.
Please share your thoughts once installed and tried.
One thing is for sure; they will looks fantastic.
I think the clips ons really enhance the aesthetics of the Bobber lines and give it a more aggressive stance. I’m just not sure how my 6’ 1 frame (and sometimes stiff neck) would feel in that particular position.
I find the OEM bar very comfortable, but may have to give the clip ons a try one day.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 09:59 AM

I turned my bars up for a more upright riding position...Why don't you try turning your bars down .
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 10:58 AM

Because Of the pull back or sweep, the bend on the bars is not made to be rotated up or down to much degree. Doing that would create a weird angle on the grips. It would not only look weird, but it wouldn’t be the most comfortable position either. I am surprised you like the bars rotated up.

To go up or down, the bar needs rise or drop. Using the sweep of the bars to create this just puts the grips at a weird angle. Of course, that’s just my opinion. Everyone has their own style and preferences.

Last edited by MX429; 11-09-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Clarity
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Not sure what you mean by weird angle on the grips , If you mean the levers then yeah you can only adjust the brake lever so much but its something you get used to but then again I have 1" up and back risers so maybe that makes a difference ...GL with the clip-ons .

Last edited by Mar-Vel; 11-09-2018 at 12:19 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 08:29 AM

Garage
I'm running clip ons and massively rate them! Get into that cafe racer style of riding!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 08:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber7 View Post
I'm running clip ons and massively rate them! Get into that cafe racer style of riding!
Can you please post up a bigger pic of you on the bike? Can't see the stance very well in your tiny avatar pic.

Each one matters.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page