La Rosa saddle bag help..? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

La Rosa saddle bag help..?

Has anyone put a La Rosa solo saddle bag on their bobber? If so, I'd love some advice on how to secure the bottom part of the bag. I know, it seems idiotic not to be able to attach some straps(!), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. It is easy enough of course to put the upper straps around the swing arm, but then I can't find anywhere that either of the two lower straps will fit onto in a way that looks like it does in the La Rosa pics online. I can just barely get the forward, lower strap around the frame just behind the airbox, but that pulls the bag forward quite a bit causing the upper strap to get caught at the point where the swing arm curves inward, and then that leaves the lower strap stretched out and exposed in a way that is not horrible but not what I am looking for, and not like the bags in the online La Rosa gallery. Basically, just wondering where to secure the bottom strap(s). I think even one will do it, but without either the bag will flop badly in the wind of course.

I should say, I chatted online with La Rosa about it, and while they tried to be helpful, it came down to them saying "well, it should work" and me saying "but it doesn't." I may well be just overlooking some obvious solution...

Hard to picture without have the bike and bag in front of you, but anyone who has mounted one may know what I mean, and if so, do tell how it worked for you.

I will attach below a pic from their site showing how it should look (with bag mounted pretty far back on the swing arm, and no strap showing between the bag and the airbox); and one of my bag half-mounted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-triumph-bobber-bonneville-2017.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	434.1 KB
ID:	28163   Click image for larger version

Name:	bobber bag.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	28165  
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 12:27 PM

oh man thank you for bringing this up, I bought one too(left side) and have the same issue, I ended up taking it off because It doesn't feel secure.
majstevetrevor likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 12:31 PM

FYI, I sent my La Rosa back and ordered the Triumph swing bag. Without cutting into the La Rosa and figuring out how to put metal grommets (that are somehow waterproof) into the La Rosa, there simply isn't a means to securely fasten it to the swing frame.

Current Inventory: 2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2017 Honda Grom, 2002 GSXR-750 Track Bike (not street legal).

Past Inventory:
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R, farkled out.
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S, farkled out (RIP...lady pulled out in front of me, totaled).
2014 BMW F800 ST, of course farkled out.
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
2016 Honda Grom, bar end mirrors, handle bars, flush mounted signals.
2017 BMW R-nine T, stock!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

^Thinking I may have to do that as well, which is too bad cause otherwise it's just what I need. And nice thick leather, for half the price of the non-leather Triumph version. Of course, if it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how nice the leather is...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 01:11 PM

It's bad advertising/product especially when they say it's for the bobbers(17/18)!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 01:45 PM

I'm currently sitting on one at the house that I love , but don't see any direct way to install. Thinking of returning. I will update if I come up with something. Still on the fence , and do agree with the you all when it comes to it being said to work on a bobber.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

I have one, and agree that it's not a perfect fit. That said, I fitted it anyway and it works just fine.

- P
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychopasta View Post
I have one, and agree that it's not a perfect fit. That said, I fitted it anyway and it works just fine.

- P

Where did you secure the bottom of the bag..?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 07:44 PM

I run a different bag, but it is also only secured at the top. It works absolutely fine. Doesn't flap in the wind. No worries of it falling off.

majstevetrevor and Roy like this.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Garage
I had a similar issue with the Omega Racer bag. I just cut the bottom strap off an use the 2 top straps on the back of the bag to secure it and I haven't had any issues at all.

Each one matters.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page