4Likes
  • 1 Post By Roy
  • 1 Post By Big Bear
  • 1 Post By BOBBYP
  • 1 Post By ysoslo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Could High Bars Help Your Butt

I was just admiring some photos of Bobbers with high handlebars and the question came to mind . . . could high bars help your rear end? In other words, with high bars would you sit a little more upright and put less weight on your groin area? (But maybe more on your tailbone?) Just a thought. Has anyone noticed the difference in ride between stock bars and high bars? If there is a difference what is it? Thanks.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi,

Good question and I think it depends on your seat. I have always found that a more upright position is comfortable for me personally and with my current seat this works really well.

I also find from experience that a more forward position puts undue pressure on my neck, head, shoulders etc.

But that's just my tupence

Cheerio,

Roy
gfspencer likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 04:28 PM

I'm tall, leaning over to grab the drag bar was not terrible , but I noticed less discomfort once the tall bars were on. Everywhere.
gfspencer likes this.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 07:38 PM

I think so. The high bars are too high for me, but I am thinking of trying BC’s mule tracker bars once they get their long cables kit ready, hoping for a similar adjusts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 08:41 PM

I am only 5'8" but the Apes straighten out my whole body from the uncomfortable slouch of before! Yes it does roll your butt back a little but if you have a bad tailbone that may not be a great thing! Apes, when properly fitted at your shoulders or even better a couple of inches below are among the most comfortable of all bars!

As with all things, taken to an extreme apes can be uncomfortable over the long haul if several inches over your shoulder!
ysoslo likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 11:04 PM

Garage
Yeah, I wouldn't trade my Triumph high bars for anything. They make a huge difference for me. I'm 5'8" and have a beer belly that didn't enjoy the more crouched position of the standard bars. The high bars are below my shoulders and allow me to adjust my posture and position as I ride, which helps take pressure off any one part of my arse, which in turn helps things from getting sore from being in the same position for 100 miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-4-22c.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	28047  
Roy likes this.

Each one matters.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Now you guys have me thinking about high bars.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 10:54 AM

Garage
High bars helped my butt and lower back for sure. Rode for 2 weeks with standard bars before switching to high bars and it was night and day on my lower back. I had the comfort seat with both bars.

2017 Bobber | Morello Red | V&H Black Exhaust | Black Headers | Short Fenders | High Handlebars | LED Turn Signals | Brown Diamond Stitch Seat
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 05:05 PM

I rode with them for awhile. They helped my back/butt, but ended up not being for me. I have the bike bros bars on now and love them. My (used) high bars are for sale in the classifieds section if interested.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 12:01 AM

Garage
I've never ridden mine with the stock bars, but riding my daughter sport bike has my neck and wrists sore with in a few klicks, I can ride mine for hours and no discomfort, but the style seat with the high bars was definitely hard on the tailbone within a half hour or so.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page