Clogged radiator - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By stevejbaughn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Clogged radiator

Hi everyone, just joined up, got a new Bobber 2 weeks/ 300miles ago. My problem is that country roads round here (N Wales, UK) are extensively crap covered most of the year. This means that the Bobber's radiator clogs up every 100 miles or so, due to the shorty front mudguard. Does anyone know of a "fender extender" type of thing that will fit? I really would like a product that looked nice and fitted, instead of having to bodge something up out of an old truck mudflap! Steve Baughn
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Roy

Garage
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum mate.

I can't help I'm afraid but very familiar with those Welsh road having grown up in Shropshire and spent many a weekend camping/riding in Wales.

I would quite like a larger or more traditional mudguard, more for a vintage look than anything. I don't think one is available but will watch with interest.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for that, Roy. The roads round here really are the best in the UK in my opinon, with the added bonus that when you learn to ride on wet slimy sheep poop, everything else is easy! Like you I've been thinking of fitting a longer front guard, possibly a repro classic item intended for a 50's bike if I can find one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 10:17 AM
Roy

Garage
Let us know if you find one Steve and I will do the same.

Yes, many fond memories of bike trips all over Wales. I grew up on a Shropshire farm (cattle), so well aware of all the issues around keeping the bike clean. Fortunately in this part of the world it's mostly dry and sunny so I'm a happy chap.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejbaughn View Post
Hi everyone, just joined up, got a new Bobber 2 weeks/ 300miles ago. My problem is that country roads round here (N Wales, UK) are extensively crap covered most of the year. This means that the Bobber's radiator clogs up every 100 miles or so, due to the shorty front mudguard. Does anyone know of a "fender extender" type of thing that will fit? I really would like a product that looked nice and fitted, instead of having to bodge something up out of an old truck mudflap! Steve Baughn
Your roads are that bad? I've heard of the legendary northern Welsh roads, but haven't been there.

Picturing a truck mud flap hanging off the front fender paints a funny picture lol.

The bracket and assembly for the front mudguard are easy to dismantle, and Motone (local for you) has long unpainted 130mm wide that work up front for about 70 pounds that requires very little modification, basically a power drill.

Current Inventory: 2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2017 Honda Grom, 2002 GSXR-750 Track Bike (not street legal).

Past Inventory:
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R, farkled out.
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S, farkled out (RIP...lady pulled out in front of me, totaled).
2014 BMW F800 ST, of course farkled out.
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
2016 Honda Grom, bar end mirrors, handle bars, flush mounted signals.
2017 BMW R-nine T, stock!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for that rathead, I'll check them out. Yes the roads round here are fabulous 4 months of the year. The rest of the time it's like Mordor. Steve
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Hello Roy, my wife and I shipped an 860 Bonny over to Long Beach to do some touring a few years ago. I well remember the great roads, sunny weather and cold beer all over SoCal, Colorado and Arizona. Also people were much nicer to a couple of scruffy middleaged cycle tramps than is usual in the UK. Happy days!
Steve
Roy likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page