• 1 Post By DesertRunner
  • 1 Post By Brandon Miller
  • 1 Post By MX429

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Thumbs up Side-panel 'rattle' fixed

As beautiful as it is outside today gents, I decided to spend the day at home making my 'two day' chicken & wine gravy

So a good day to clean and putter with my Bobber while my concoction is cooking on the stove. To that end I found a simple fix for the side-panels that annoyingly have a slight movement to them. I know many of you chaps do the air-box delete thingy and discard the side-panels but I quite like them, although I wish they weren't plastic.

Anyway I digress. I cut up some felt sticky pads (see pics). The type that you use on furniture to stop it scratching the floor and hey presto! the side-panel fits nice and firmly with no additional movement.

Thought I would share this little trick in case there is anyone else 'detail' orientated out there.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.39.39 PM.png
Views:	69
Size:	598.5 KB
ID:	27955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.39.23 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	616.1 KB
ID:	27957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.39.15 PM.png
Views:	71
Size:	625.6 KB
ID:	27959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.39.06 PM.png
Views:	67
Size:	499.4 KB
ID:	27961  
Ribkick and Dovahkiin like this.

Last edited by Roy; 09-22-2018 at 04:50 PM.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
As beautiful as it is outside today gents, I decided to spend the day at home making my 'two day' chicken & wine gravy [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/images/TriumphBobberForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

So a good day to clean and putter with my Bobber while my concoction is cooking on the stove. To that end I found a simple fix for the side-panels that annoyingly have a slight movement to them. I know many of you chaps do the air-box delete thingy and discard the side-panels but I quite like them, although I wish they weren't plastic.

Anyway I digress. I cut up some felt sticky pads (see pics). The type that you use on furniture to stop it scratching the floor and hey presto! the side-panel fits nice and firmly with no additional movement.

Thought I would share this little trick in case there is anyone else 'detail' orientated out there.

Cheerio,

Roy
Better option is to remove those goofy panels. Airbox delete. I love this bike, but stock it had way to many plastic crap parts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Hi Brandon,

When someone produces a set of metal side panels I'm all in. But for my preference I prefer the look of them in place rather than not. Well until I change my mind of course

Cheerio,

Roy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:22 AM

Nice fix for the panels.
Roy likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Hi Brandon,

When someone produces a set of metal side panels I'm all in. But for my preference I prefer the look of them in place rather than not. Well until I change my mind of course[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/images/TriumphBobberForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

Cheerio,

Roy
Obviously from a far no one can tell they are plastic, but to me it’s just the idea of putting crappy plastic parts on things. Not that you put them on, but for the money they should of made them metal. I know it’s all about lighter, but aluminum would of worked also. Sad thing is those plastic pieces probably aren’t cheap either.
Roy likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Hi Brandon,

I couldn't agree more. I wish one of the aftermarket companies would produce a metal replacement. If such a thing were available and of nice quality, I think for those of who like this look it would be one of the first/easy upgrades.

Do such companies read these threads? I hope so.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 11:03 PM

I like the side panels too. I actually removed my air box this weekend (rainy weekend) just to sit back and see how it looks. To me, the bike looks better with air boxes in place. The shock and linkage are hidden items that keep the bike having the look of a hard tail. With airboxes removed, all of this is seen. To me itís just does away with the clean classic look. It changes the look a lot.

I think if someone wants to get really creative, they can chop those rear frame rails and totally expose the rear shock and link when doing an air box delete. Like I said..thatís not the classic look at all, but if you are going chop....get to chopping.
ysoslo likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page