Heated Gear - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Heated Gear

As Fall and Winter loom...does anyone have any reviews of heated gear they’ve used connected to the battery? How does this stuff generally perform? What brands are best?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
As Fall and Winter loom...does anyone have any reviews of heated gear they’ve used connected to the battery? How does this stuff generally perform? What brands are best?
I've used Firstgear Kilimanjaro pants & jacket and Firstgear Navigator gloves without heated grips or anything else riding in 20 degree weather in the Midwest. In fact I had to remove the jacket and pants liner because it was too hot. I've used those items as my food weather gear for 6 years now and I can't recommend them enough.

Current Inventory: 2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2017 Honda Grom, 2002 GSXR-750 Track Bike (not street legal).

Past Inventory:
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R, farkled out.
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S, farkled out (RIP...lady pulled out in front of me, totaled).
2014 BMW F800 ST, of course farkled out.
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
2016 Honda Grom, bar end mirrors, handle bars, flush mounted signals.
2017 BMW R-nine T, stock!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 02:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I've had a bike connected heated waistcoat for about 15 years, unfortunately the brand (Chili) doesn't exist any more. The heat controller is brilliant, it's electronic variable on/off switch that cycles the power on for a variable amount of time, so you don't broil. Although we don't have very cold winters in the UK, they are usually damp, so feel cold.

My wife has Keis, which has a great connection system allowing gloves to be connected through the jacket...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 01:31 PM

I have Gerbing Jacket/trousers & gloves, work well.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trirocket3 View Post
I have Gerbing Jacket/trousers & gloves, work well.
I have the same + socks. Had this set-up for eighteen years and still works well.

Chico

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page