So.... About Wheeling and Performance - Triumph Bobber Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Big Bear

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

So.... About Wheeling and Performance

On the way home I ran into a guy on a Ninja ZX-10R on a road with tight sweepers. He was in full leathers (😂 88 degrees in Savannah today, sociopath). I tried keeping up with him and ran into serious lean angle issues, leaving a trail of sparks behind me and heading to lift my foot of the peg as it folded back, like a supermoto rider. The good news: Stock Cobra tires have excellent grip. The bad news: The footpegs grind down quickly.

Also, trying to make a wheelie vid and I can't figure out how to stop the electronic nanny from killing my efforts. The bike is perfectly capable of holding a wheelie if electronics can be defeated. Any ideas on how to do that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72EAB59F-6C77-454F-B32A-E73304CCA40D_1536516579465.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	27573   Click image for larger version

Name:	B5FAD362-E997-4A94-BAFB-A92964858CDC_1536516599859.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	27575  

Current Inventory: 2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2017 Honda Grom, 2002 GSXR-750 Track Bike (not street legal).

Past Inventory:
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R, farkled out.
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S, farkled out (RIP...lady pulled out in front of me, totaled).
2014 BMW F800 ST, of course farkled out.
2004 Honda R6, stock!.
2016 Honda Grom, bar end mirrors, handle bars, flush mounted signals.
2017 BMW R-nine T, stock!
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 03:23 PM

Turn off the traction control. When TTC (i think that's what it says) shows up on the menu , use the grey button by the kill switch to toggle it off. Be safe , have fun.
gfspencer and Rob Axel like this.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.

Last edited by Big Bear; 09-09-2018 at 03:41 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 03:38 PM

Garage
Take it easy till you find the slipping point on the Bobber with TCS off, its a damned sight sooner than you think it will be. Scared the jebus out of me when i flipped it off for a run to the tyre shop for a new rear.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathead View Post
On the way home I ran into a guy on a Ninja ZX-10R on a road with tight sweepers. He was in full leathers (😂 88 degrees in Savannah today, sociopath). I tried keeping up with him and ran into serious lean angle issues, leaving a trail of sparks behind me and heading to lift my foot of the peg as it folded back, like a supermoto rider. The good news: Stock Cobra tires have excellent grip. The bad news: The footpegs grind down quickly.

Also, trying to make a wheelie vid and I can't figure out how to stop the electronic nanny from killing my efforts. The bike is perfectly capable of holding a wheelie if electronics can be defeated. Any ideas on how to do that?

Good on you, Rathead for giving it a go but I hope your wheelie attempt is in a straight run so the pu$$y bumpers don't come into play

2018 Bobber in Morello Red

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page