Bobber/Bobber Black Fly Screen - Triumph Bobber Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Bobber/Bobber Black Fly Screen

Hi anyone and everyone,

Have any of you guys or gals installed and used a Dart Piranha Fly Screen as a way of deflecting air? As much as I love the Bobber on the twisty country roads, opening it up on a motorway my upper body becomes a giant sail. The piranha screen is the only one that I could stomach fitting to help counteract being ripped off the bike at high speed but as it is quite small, I don't know if it would be any good for that.

https://www.dartflyscreens.co.uk/pro...bobber-piranha

I've seen other screens posted here but none have really been my cup of tea (coffee for our state side cousins).
James Fallon and Lionel like this.
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairHero View Post
Hi anyone and everyone,

Have any of you guys or gals installed and used a Dart Piranha Fly Screen as a way of deflecting air? As much as I love the Bobber on the twisty country roads, opening it up on a motorway my upper body becomes a giant sail. The piranha screen is the only one that I could stomach fitting to help counteract being ripped off the bike at high speed but as it is quite small, I don't know if it would be any good for that.

https://www.dartflyscreens.co.uk/pro...bobber-piranha

I've seen other screens posted here but none have really been my cup of tea (coffee for our state side cousins).

Have had mine for a few months. Helps deflect a little off my chest. Noticeable but not dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ArmchairHero likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Fallon View Post

Have had mine for a few months. Helps deflect a little off my chest. Noticeable but not dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks James, much apreciated. I like the screen but at 6 foot 2 inches it's not going to do much for me then perhaps i should just lower the seat, relax and slow down a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:25 PM

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...hield-quickset

I got this one last year. Much better, but sort of obnoxious (from my perspective). I use it when i do day long rides, but it comes off right afterwards.. With my panners, i feel like a 30's motorcycle cop. No bueno, as a downtown Chicago resident.

Low and slow.. sorry pal.
ArmchairHero likes this.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Fallon View Post
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...hield-quickset

I got this one last year. Much better, but sort of obnoxious (from my perspective). I use it when i do day long rides, but it comes off right afterwards.. With my panners, i feel like a 30's motorcycle cop. No bueno, as a downtown Chicago resident.

Low and slow.. sorry pal.
You're a stronger man than me. I just dont think I could ride with that one on my bike without constantly crying and saying 'why have you done this' from inside of my crash helmet. I have a friend that live in Chicargo, I have no idea where in Chicargo, just that its near a great pizza place, but I guess that could be anywhere there.

I think I'll give the Dart screen a go and see what it does for me.
James Fallon likes this.

Last edited by ArmchairHero; 08-29-2018 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Already thanked him
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 04:59 PM

Garage
I toyed with the idea as the teeny little fly screen you get for a 955 triple made a huge difference BUT the noise of the disturbed air forced earplugs at /ahem motorway speeds, i can live with a constant air blast at 80 but really don't want another drawer filler if i don't get on with it
ArmchairHero likes this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethariel View Post
I toyed with the idea as the teeny little fly screen you get for a 955 triple made a huge difference BUT the noise of the disturbed air forced earplugs at /ahem motorway speeds, i can live with a constant air blast at 80 but really don't want another drawer filler if i don't get on with it
I was thinking about having a screen made from aluminium, that way it I could get it closer to the bike and bubble out a space where the speedo would sit. I wear ear plugs (link below) when heading out on the motorway as my crash hat has loads of wind noise and I totally agree with extra bits filling up the house. I still have a touring screen from my PX'd Yamaha MT09 Tracer still here taking up room (I'm really bad at ebaying stuff).

Senner MusicPro Soft hearing protection earplugs for concerts, music, festivals and clubs, with aluminium box, clear/transparent https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N21FP..._ZbXHBb55VK5NX
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 06:50 PM

I recently put the classic dart flyscreen on my bobber, does a good job and it's not obnoxious looking....IMHO
Forjox, derchef62 and ArmchairHero like this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Musto View Post
I recently put the classic dart flyscreen on my bobber, does a good job and it's not obnoxious looking....IMHO
Hi Jim, thank you for your input. I think I'll be getting the smaller Dart fly screen in hope it will divert some air atleast from my chest.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 03:38 PM

I bought and tried the Dart Piranha ... had it on for only 5 km before taking it off again.

Explanation why and pictures are here:
https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...tml#post149429

Tom
ArmchairHero likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page