A reasonably priced tracker . - Triumph Bobber Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

A reasonably priced tracker .

Anybody using a tracker on their bikes ? . I'm always a little nervous when I'm parked and go shopping , whether my bikes still going to be there when I get back . Whats put me of in the past Is the yearly subscription usually very expensive , but I came across the Monimoto smart tracker at a reasonable price and monthly subs are very cheap .

Runs of It's own battery so no installation problems and easily hidden . for me I think a must have .

https://monimoto.com/product/monimot...racker-system/
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Garage
Iím a big fan of the trackers that immediately notify you if your bike moves and was all set to buy one... however there isnít anywhere to hide one on the Bobber so thatís as far as I got!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
Iím a big fan of the trackers that immediately notify you if your bike moves and was all set to buy one... however there isnít anywhere to hide one on the Bobber so thatís as far as I got!

Hmmm well I deleted my air box plenty of room back there now .
Mike J Commo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 09:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-Vel View Post
Anybody using a tracker on their bikes ? . I'm always a little nervous when I'm parked and go shopping , whether my bikes still going to be there when I get back . Whats put me of in the past Is the yearly subscription usually very expensive , but I came across the Monimoto smart tracker at a reasonable price and monthly subs are very cheap .

Runs of It's own battery so no installation problems and easily hidden . for me I think a must have .

https://monimoto.com/product/monimot...racker-system/
Interesting option and looks minimally invasive and easy to hide. But, worried even when you go shopping, which I assume is during the day? Must be a rough neighborhood. . What about a disc lock/reminder cord during those periods. To move the bike you'd have to pick it up.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 09:37 PM

First bike, Yes?

In all the years I've been on a bike during my Harley and Triumph years when thefts were rampant, I never worried about a lift and scoot theft. Granted, they're heavy and awkward but a simple disc lock and tactical parking took care of that.

Not so in the UK as I understand the boldness is beyond reason.

No alarm for me. Good insurance is key here in the states. Besides, here in the US the sport AV/ Moto-GP bikes are the bikes of choice for thieves.

2018 Bobber in Morello Red

Last edited by Ribkick; 08-08-2018 at 09:41 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 06:36 AM

I agree with the last post. Good insurance is what you need. I bought a disc lock that makes a crap load of noise if the bike is moved. That’s enough for me. Chances are if your bike is stolen you probably don’t want it back anyway. The good parts will likely be stripped off immediately. Insurance is reasonably priced on motorcycles here as well I think.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

All good points guys...But I think your missing the point , Iv put a lot of heart and soul into my bikes not to mention money even with good insurance you will only get back a fraction of what the bike Is worth and besides there's a good chance the cops might catch the *******'s that stole It , imo that in its self Is worth the price of a tracker .
Forjox likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 03:46 PM

Garage
I do like the idea of a tracker, tried adding one to an insurance quote a couple of years ago and the premium went up.....

Locating anything on the bobber is a pain in the bum to say the least, cant even find a bunged frame rail to slip something into these days, no faring, no cowl and even a non standard seat that makes it impossible to slip something into, it's a real brain bender.

Rest assured the first thing they look for is a tracker when it's in the back of a van or a lockup 2 miles from where it was nicked, but too few places to hide one.

I just go for a garish disk lock, but that dont even stop the little scrotes, seen em smashing a disk with a hammer after scoring it with a grinder (easier than cutting thru) in broad daylight in central London (Luckily it was on camera and i was 2 feet from a red phone, amazing the response you get from picking one of them up then the bollocking for using it for that purpose!)
Taurus likes this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 04:22 PM

I was at our local bike shop today buying an alrmed disc lock. The chap said they'd got a Bobber in for a customer who wanted a tracker fitted and just couldn't find anywhere to put it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

So I had a quick look at my bike , If I was to buy one of these trackers ( note sure of the width ) I would mount It behind the front lower shield in front of the cat and ( for arguments sake ) use four 1" spacers which would give you enough room . I doubt the thieves would look there .

Just sayin .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page