The Best Bobber Helmet? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

The Best Bobber Helmet?

I've currently got a Shoei NXR but its not very classic in style. Been looking at the new Shoei Ex-Zero but looking to see what everyone else is wearing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1993(Edited).jpg
Views:	292
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	26687  
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi Anthony,

That's an interesting topic. I must confess most of the time for local runs I don't bother with a helmet. However when I picked up my bike I did grab a crueser style lid but don't like it much.

I am on the lookout for a nice quality retro open faced lid but have not found one yet. I left my fav one in the UK (but bought my goggles) but for the life of me I can't think what make it was. As I recall is was from a northern EU country and not to UK spec. Any help would be great, as I'm sure I would recognize the make if someone mentioned it.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. looking for inspiration, so hoping folks will post theres.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Garage
I have the Bell 500 Ace Cafe Limited Edition with a Biltwell Mirror Bubble Shield.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bell-custom-500-ace-cafe-black-helmet.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	26691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Biltwell-Bubble-Shield-Chrome-02.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	26693  

2017 Bobber | Morello Red | V&H Black Exhaust | Black Headers | Short Fenders | High Handlebars | LED Turn Signals | Brown Diamond Stitch Seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Hi Anthony,

That's an interesting topic. I must confess most of the time for local runs I don't bother with a helmet. However when I picked up my bike I did grab a crueser style lid but don't like it much.

I am on the lookout for a nice quality retro open faced lid but have not found one yet. I left my fav one in the UK (but bought my goggles) but for the life of me I can't think what make it was. As I recall is was from a northern EU country and not to UK spec. Any help would be great, as I'm sure I would recognize the make if someone mentioned it.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. looking for inspiration, so hoping folks will post theres.
One of my favorite ¨Bobber¨ helmets is my Davida. It is ultra low profile and ECE and DOT approved.
Fantastic in every way and i can think of no negative comments after owning and riding with it for over a year and a half.

Are you looking for full face or 3/4 style helmets...?
Roy likes this.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 05:54 PM

Bell Custom 500 with a flip visor. Works great, comfortable, and the decals fit well with the cafe-racer "style"
Forjox likes this.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
One of my favorite ¨Bobber¨ helmets is my Davida. It is ultra low profile and ECE and DOT approved.
Fantastic in every way and i can think of no negative comments after owning and riding with it for over a year and a half.

Are you looking for full face or 3/4 style helmets...?
YOU GOT IT IN ONE....

That was my helmet back in the UK. I knew I would recognize the name if I heard it, twas on the tip of my tongue..

Outstanding and many thanks.

Cheerio,

Roy
eisen77 and jerrman like this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 06:14 PM

I'm rocking this Bell Bullitt mostly. Unless I'm going to be on the freeway cause the wind noise is out of control on this helmet. Super comfy, and the field of view is amazing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bell_bullitt_forge_helmet_matte_black_copper_750x750.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	26695  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggs View Post
I'm rocking this Bell Bullitt mostly. Unless I'm going to be on the freeway cause the wind noise is out of control on this helmet. Super comfy, and the field of view is amazing.
Very good helmet.
Field of vision is amazing.
Very good aerodynamics upto and beyond legal speeds.
Can’t comment on wind noise as I use ear protection and/or listen to music.
Left a ghastly indent/mark on my forehead after every ride until my wife cut off the offending bits of lining. No such problems anymore!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony David Crook View Post
I've currently got a Shoei NXR but its not very classic in style. Been looking at the new Shoei Ex-Zero but looking to see what everyone else is wearing?
I'm keeping an eye on that Shoei Ex Zero as well. For a similar alternative at half the price (depending on paint scheme), there's the originator of that style in the Bell Moto 3. The only downside for me is the need for goggles. I like the look but not the utility of them.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bell Moto 3.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	26705  
Roy likes this.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 08:36 PM

I use a pair of AGV RP60 in matte black and another like Kick Buttowski's one on weekends, the latter was chosen by my little son.
Roy likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page