Bobber goes to Cornwall - Triumph Bobber Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Bobber goes to Cornwall

Hi y'all - recently back from trip to Lands End - saw no other Bobbers, 3 petrol stops en route to South West (360 miles to B&B) mildly numb rear end going down (quilted comfort seat) - painful a**e on return! Lost count of number of conversations with admirers of the bike!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1120.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	638.8 KB
ID:	26597  
eisen77, Stevie, ysoslo and 3 others like this.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 08:04 AM

All that way and just the one picture

Nice trip though.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 09:17 AM

What a cool trip!

I'm stuck in my house with 90ş F temps and rain. Every time I step outside I like I am walking into a sauna. It would be so much more fun to be riding my Bobber towards Lands End.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 09:36 AM

Garage
Good grief with the temperatures we've had in the UK until last Friday, you're a brave man... The picture isn't near Land's End, Roseland Peninsula by any chance? I'm sure I've said before I was born a couple of miles from Land's End, and spent very happy childhood and teenage years there until I went to Uni... So I biked the area before I left, and summer is a nightmare... Would like to get the Speedmaster down there at some point. The biggest issue for me is that accommodation prices down there are eye-watering, and it's a lot cheaper to go overseas for a holiday...

Whereabouts did you stay?

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
Good grief with the temperatures we've had in the UK until last Friday, you're a brave man... The picture isn't near Land's End, Roseland Peninsula by any chance? I'm sure I've said before I was born a couple of miles from Land's End, and spent very happy childhood and teenage years there until I went to Uni... So I biked the area before I left, and summer is a nightmare... Would like to get the Speedmaster down there at some point. The biggest issue for me is that accommodation prices down there are eye-watering, and it's a lot cheaper to go overseas for a holiday...

Whereabouts did you stay?
Chuck a tent on the back Larry...on second thought at our age better not
Guzzilazz likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 02:50 AM

Garage
I last camped 49 years ago... and I don't aim to change that now
bofor likes this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I last camped 49 years ago... and I don't aim to change that now
I spent 37 years in the Army. I did my share of "camping". When I got out I swore that I would never do that again. So far I have managed to keep that vow.
Guzzilazz and bofor like this.

Triumph Bobber Black
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Roy

Garage
Hi Gents,

Like most here, much of my camping was in my youth. However I have found with the great distances here in the US, camping is a really economical way of traveling when one has to cover a lot of miles. With hotels costing on average $130 per night, three or four days on the road can really make a dent in the budget. However camp sites can be anywhere from $7 to $30 so it makes a huge difference.

Some nice experiences in regards sites, location and weather have got me back into camping. One of the reasons I just fitted my new rack, so some camping pics might be on the cards.

Although I probably wouldn't do much camping if I was back in the UK, too many memories of freezing damp....brrrrrrrrrrr.

Cheerio,

Roy
muensterDeath and bofor like this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 12:01 PM

Garage
When I rode to Rome, we had a hotel booked there for 3 nights for about Ł400, and stayed in FOrmule 1 and Premiere Classe at around €25-35 a night... That was 11 years ago though...

Larry

Essex UK

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
When I rode to Rome, we had a hotel booked there for 3 nights for about Ł400, and stayed in FOrmule 1 and Premiere Classe at around €25-35 a night... That was 11 years ago though...
I sold textile machinery in the 70's. I traveled a lot. I could get a decent hotel/motel for $8 per night. A really nice place would cost $12 per night.

Triumph Bobber Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page