• 1 Post By eisen77
  • 1 Post By Brigstocksbobber
  • 3 Post By eisen77
  • 3 Post By Mike J Commo
  • 1 Post By Ethariel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Pre 1975 Black Number Plate

Does anyone know how you can buy a pre 1975 registration number so you can legally display a black number plate?
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Why not call the DVLA and ask ?
They have always been helpful when we had questions regarding changing our plates, etc.

Failing that....

Dovahkiin likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 07:41 AM

Garage
The bike has to be registered pre 1975 also to be "legal". having a plate pre '75 just disguises the issue but still wont be legal, but less obvious. See Trirockets example.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice, you are allowed to put an older plate on a vehicle just not a newer one, I think with the look of the Bobber and an old plate you'd be very unfortunate to get pulled for it having a black plate, surely the Pigs have more important things to worry about like knife crime and muggings, but then again.....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 08:06 AM

Garage
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
Thanks for the advice, you are allowed to put an older plate on a vehicle just not a newer one, I think with the look of the Bobber and an old plate you'd be very unfortunate to get pulled for it having a black plate, surely the Pigs have more important things to worry about like knife crime and muggings, but then again.....
You are correct, you can put an older plate on a vehicle, but for the black and silver the vehicle must be registered pre '75, you can put the same plate from the same year but it should still be yellow/black. And it would be a shame to get pulled, I have my normal plate made black and silver, lets see.
I agree the police should still worry about bigger issues, but regretfully I believe the common theme of easy targets works better for their statistics.
the picture before I fitted it properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20180609_13_18_29_Pro.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	26235  
Oceanic likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
All fine and well a bit of jest and banter.
But please show a little more respect to the men and women who dedicate their lives to protecting, serving us and yes - sometimes even issuing us with fines & tickets...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 02:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
But please show a little more respect to the men and women who dedicate their lives to protecting, serving us and yes - sometimes even issuing us with fines & tickets...
A huge +1

I personally know a lot of hard working, dedicated officers, some of which have been serious injured during the course of protecting the public... that’s you! The term pig is offensive and the comments relating to the fact that they should be dealing with real crimes is nothing short of ignorant. The Police have departments, and those within are assigned to different tasks. Traffic offices are the ones you’ll most likely encounter if running an illegal plate. “Serious crimes” are dealt with by officers who frankly couldn’t care less about your number plate.

I personally have been running with a black and silver plate which is also too small to be legal. I’ve had no issues with the law stopping me in well over 2000 miles. But in all honesty if I am caught then that’s on me... I know the risks and I’ll take what’s coming
eisen77, Greybeard and Rich1962 like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 05:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
+2, trying to get a mate to plonk down on a Bobber and he would take that very personally.

That said, the silver/white on black can give ANPR a hard time in low light, that and riding like a knob are about the only 2 things that they will pull you for the plate (or when they come in and canvass meet places like Box Hill lol)
eisen77 likes this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page