Best Headlight Bulb? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BOBBYP

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Best Headlight Bulb?

After doing considerable research on LED, JW speaker, HID etc, I have purchased the Sylvania Ultra H4 bulb. It was $49 for 2 bulbs at Walmart. I have researched the Indian, BMW R9T, and other sites and decided this was cheap enough to try.

With the stock headlight on my 2017 Bobber I always felt that if there was a muffler or other obstacle in the road or pot hole, I would hit it at nite due to poor lighting. Not anymore.

This was a plug and play 5 minute installation with no diodes, resistors, cooling fans or butt ugly looks. It looks stock and others who have spent hundreds of dollars claim this is equivalent or better in terms of whitetness and amount of light thrown. It uses new propietery technology that just has a super white, bright beam. I feel I can now see 3 or 4 times as far at nite and during the day my bike is much more noticeable to oncoming traffic.

Others who are using the ZXE Sylvania lites which are 1 step down from the Ultras are reporting similar results! This is a 55/60 watt installation so you won't have any CANBUS or meltdown issues and no codes!!! Money well spent!

Now for the bad news, some have reported shorter then stock life while others are going on their second or third year with no issues. It has been reported that those experiencing short life are driving with high beams all day or may have touched the bulbs on installation. Those getting long life wore nitrile gloves on installation or wiped down with alcohol just before buttoning up everything! I still have the stocker and the other Ultra for pares.
Forjox likes this.

Last edited by BOBBYP; 07-04-2018 at 07:29 PM.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

I went out again last nite and the difference still amazes me. I thought all H4 Halogens had only minor differences, not so! I used to take a different bike at nite, not anymore!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sounds like a good find! All those wanting to retain the stock bucket look will appreciate your write up and info when it's time to change the bulb, or want something brighter.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page