Security - Triumph Bobber Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Security

I love my Bike.

It is greater than the sum of it's parts. It has a soul. My Bike is my bike, it may look like your bike, but it isn't your bike. I feel it if that makes sense. The joy it gives me I cannot count in monetary terms.

Anyways, here in the UK, it is my honest belief that we have lost control of our streets. The Police have been under funded for years, many broken families without a father to discipline wayward sons, the Left bitching for years about we must educate rather than punish criminals etc.

British by birth, English by the grace of God but **** the Yanks may have it right in some matters, give me a gun and I would sleep happier.

Right to the point, I maybe getting a little paranoid with the amount of crime I see/read about, and have therefore currently got 2 disc locks, 1 brake lever lock, 1 security anchor chain and am thinking about getting more. I never leave bike on street. To get to my bike at night you would have to move the car, get through 2 gates and locks, not wake up the dogs and **** you wake me I am coming for you. Am I being paranoid or do the rest of you go to town with security and if so what you recommend.
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 04:10 PM

Garage
Wow! Unless you live in the highest crime neighborhood in the world, no one is taking your bike. And even if you do live there, no one is taking your bike. Of course, with a lift, some meat for the dogs, a master plan to get by the car and some mickeys slipped into your drink before dinner, maybe, just maybe. Paranoid? Hey, whatever makes you feel good about leaving it. I have it in the garage. When on a ride, I do lock the steering and on any overnight, use a disc lock. I never leave my helmet with the bike. Otherwise, i guess it’s the law of averages.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Hey thanks. Just to be sure when replying can you state whether UK resident or not. I am trying to gauge whether I need to lighten up on what I am reading seeing in the UK or do I need (to quote Robert Downey Junior) go full retard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 04:38 PM

At the first sign of trouble just say "go ahead, make my day punk"
Irisheye likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I understand it's your baby, for sure, but...insurance?

I have many....many...many, firearms, but don't live where it crosses my mind that it would be swept out from under me. Plus I have a garage, and 2 noisy as F$#k small dogs. They even bark at me when I come in the house.....till it's "oh, its Dad...wassup (full tongue..)".

Bikes need to have a shock mechanism IMO. Sit on it without the key or move with out the key turned, and your ballz, hands and feet get fried. Sweep the would be thief out into the street and ride on....
ysoslo, Mar-Vel and gfspencer like this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 12:25 AM
tug

Garage
LordLoveRocket71

i also live in the uk and to answer your question you are paranoid until your baby(bike) gets stolen, and then the paranoia proberby didn't help.

But i do think too much worrying can only take the shine off the joy of owning a bike.

security devices are only a deterrent to passing scrots, but if your bike is targeted by real criminals they your bike is gone.

i personally have a locked garage only.

Common Sense is a flower
that does not grow in every ones garden.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 AM

Garage
Seat pan makes it a bit awkward to set up a shotgun shell under the seat with a juryrigged firing pin and a saftey pin hole (need a good memory)....

Pity it's illegal to hurt someone trying to steak your bike, criminals have rights (broken glass glued to the top of the wall - nope, broken glass on the window sill - nope, got to pray they don't trip over the coffee table or i'm in more trouble that they are!)

2 locked gates and a steering lock (half a dozen Mk 5's and a big bat)

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 02:04 AM

I don't know what the stats are but on my side of the pond I haven't heard of anyone having a bike stolen. Here in the US the thieves prefer to steal cars. Does that make them more practical?

Chico
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 03:45 AM

Exactly the same feelings here just outside London, never leave the bike outside, it now worries me even on a journey into or around London. Crime is escalating out of control, the police can’t handle the amount of bike crime and it is very low on their lists of priorities because of the numbers of officers left. This government needs to get its fingers out of their ass and investment needs reinstated to a level to reflect the rise in crime.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofor View Post
At the first sign of trouble just say "go ahead, make my day punk"
This is tough talk but when they throw acid in your face there’s not much you can do about it !!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page