Numb Bumb... whatís your time limit?! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Numb Bumb... whatís your time limit?!

So with nearly 700 miles under my belt on the new Bobber Black, (Iíd best get ready to add some miles to my 2k per year limited insurance policy!) I have come to realise that beyond 30-35 minutes my ar$e starts to complain... and even sooner if Iíve hit a pothole or two!

Iím currently running with the Triumph cross stitched seat... no idea if itís more or less comfy as Iíve never tried the original?

Today I for the first time softened the Fox shock by two further clicks from the middle setting it has been on since picking the bike up. I was surprised to be able to feel a difference in all honesty but none the the less it does seem to have made it a little more comfortable.

Iíve consider stitching a foam insert into my riding jeans to see if that helps a little.

Whatís your own personal experiences fellaís and what ingenious solutions have you come up with?
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 07:08 PM

I get numb butt after about 30 or 40 minutes. I'm using a stock seat and have the Fox shock set about 10 clicks from the firmest setting.

One thing that helps me are the padded bicycle shorts that I wear under my riding pants. When I was younger I used to do long-distance bicycle riding so I'm thinking that the padded bicycle shorts will work better than a piece of foam. The foam in bicycle shorts is purpose designed for numb butt.

A few folks have gone to upscale seats like Corbin. I haven't tried that yet.

I usually get off my bobber after an hour and walk around. That seems to help too.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 07:56 PM

I'm on a Corbin saddle and pleased with it.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 08:34 PM

Garage
Standard seat is fine till petrol time (after the tiger 800 standard seat, nothing could ever be so bad again!), just wish the comfort seat off the thunderbird commander fitted, thats the comfiest seat i have ever sat on

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 10:52 PM

Garage
I have the brown quilted seat from Triumph and it takes me about an hour and a half before I find myself standing up on the pegs a bit to get my rear off the seat. I went with the quilted right from the dealership, so I'm looking forward to switching back to the stock seat to give that a shot for a bit. Someone made a comment about how sitting on the quilted seat is like sitting on top of the bike, rather than in the bike like the stock seat feels. I'm curious to try it out. If I like it a lot better, then I'll probably recover the stock seat with a dark brown leather with a gel insert to help the bum.

Each one matters.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
I'm on a Corbin saddle and pleased with it.
I second that. Did half a days riding last week (with just one stop and a 2 refuels) and i had zero complaints from my normally very opinionated rump & tailbone.
ysoslo and Big Bear like this.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 01:50 AM

Garage
A cheap "reliever" may be an Airhawk, don't put too much air in it, I've had one on the Stelvio... The Speedmaster will have the "comfort" seat, so I'll see how that works out, but have the Airhawk available shold I need it...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I second that. Did half a days riding last week (with just one stop and a 2 refuels) and i had zero complaints from my normally very opinionated rump & tailbone.
Interesting...

Do you have some pics of the corbin seat fitted and can you tell me how much it cost please?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 03:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
Interesting...

Do you have some pics of the corbin seat fitted and can you tell me how much it cost please?
Mike , thereís a great thread (Corbin, black bomber leather...) in which Corbin seats are shown and I think thatís the one in which Eisen posted the great comparison pix of the Corbin vs. the original and the statement seat. Thereís some aesthetic controversy with the Corbin as it is somewhat larger (but good for large riders) and how well it fits the minimalist design of the Bobber. That said, those that ride them love them and as Eisen says, you canít really see the seat when youíre on it can you. 😃. Having ridden with one years ago I can vouch for their quality and comfort. Anyway, just search ďCorbin seatĒ on the forum and youíll find the thread.

Jerrman
eisen77 likes this.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks @jerrman

Mike, here is my post re. the Corbin:
https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/fo...t-leather.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page