Forward controls - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Forward controls

Hi All...not seen many with feet forward controls on here..do many of you have them and whats the verdict? Also who`s make did you go with ?
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 10:26 AM

I believe the official Triumph website has forward controls listed now but with no pictures, any more info on this?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Wunderkind and Freespirits also offer forward controls.
I’ve tried the forward controls on the Speedmaster and really liked it. But for the Bobber, I prefer the standard setup.

https://wunderkind-custom.com/en/mot...mph?model=2630

https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en/...ntrol-kit.html

Last edited by eisen77; 05-17-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 11:01 AM

I'll share my experience. I'm a spirited rider. I took the Speedmaster out as well as the Bobber , to make an objective choice on the bike. Yes , the Speedmaster offers a more relaxed riding position , but I dragged those pegs everywhere I went. And I wasn't even trying to. I have touched the Bobber down twice. The bikes are not that different from one another , but the Speedmaster has the pegs forward enough that they (obviously) turn down quicker due to being closer to the wheel.

Staying on point though , the Dealer did say that the Speedmaster set up will bolt directly to the Bobber. Probably not cheap , but it will be an option.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Reason i asked guys is that i am used to riding Indian Scout/HD Sportster with FWD pegs. The other reason is that when i demoed a Bobber i kept catching my foot when i put it down at lights. (cause of yrs on Fwds). Also (good point) my dealer has offered to throw in forwards controls "free of charge !!" to close the deal !!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 12:02 PM

Garage
I'm also a reasonably spirited rider (I've had my pegs touch on the Guzzi Stelvio FFS)... I only had a fairly short demo ride on the Speedmaster, and didn't find it an issue. Be interesting to see how the footboards work out...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 12:08 PM

I'm 6'1" with long legs. I had the Triumph ones put on before I took delivery. Adds 7 inches to the reach, cost about $450 USD in parts. Got them powdercoated to match the rest of the bracketry. I am not an aggressive rider, but yes, I have scraped the feeler pegs a few times now. The Detroit area road system is a grid where there's not too many twisties to really have fun on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FwdControls1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	23530   Click image for larger version

Name:	FwdControls2.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	23538  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
I'll share my experience. I'm a spirited rider. I took the Speedmaster out as well as the Bobber , to make an objective choice on the bike. Yes , the Speedmaster offers a more relaxed riding position , but I dragged those pegs everywhere I went. And I wasn't even trying to. I have touched the Bobber down twice. The bikes are not that different from one another , but the Speedmaster has the pegs forward enough that they (obviously) turn down quicker due to being closer to the wheel.

Staying on point though , the Dealer did say that the Speedmaster set up will bolt directly to the Bobber. Probably not cheap , but it will be an option.

Thanks for that assessment of the forward feet controls.

I've ground through quite a number of hero blobs on the stock Bobber foot pegs and wondered if the forward foot controls had better or worse ground clearance.

You've answered my question. I'm sticking with the stock pegs. I may be grinding them a lot, but probably not as much as I would with the forward ones.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page