• 1 Post By Todd Patrick
  • 1 Post By MikeB
  • 1 Post By Bobber-Bomb
  • 1 Post By James Fallon
  • 1 Post By Bikerdib

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Sleeper Pro exhaust from BC

Anyone install the sleeper pros from BC? I heard they offer a different kind of sound then the slash cut or straight pipes.. Just looking for a video off them.

Thanks
James Fallon likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:23 PM

I had them on my T100 and loved the sound and look. I’m picking up my new Bobber Black from the dealer this Friday and should have a set of Sleeper Pro’s installed by next week. I’ll post a video of them once they’re installed.
ysoslo likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 03:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Patrick View Post
Anyone install the sleeper pros from BC? I heard they offer a different kind of sound then the slash cut or straight pipes.. Just looking for a video off them.

Thanks
It’s not a bobber but I’m sure it would sound much different.

MikeB likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Patrick View Post

Thanks

I got them last year when they where on sale after thanksgiving. These and a x-pipe. The sound is deep, but not too loud. Getting a booster plug to remove occasional backfires during deceleration along with smoother throttling in lower gears. Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeB likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Fallon View Post
I got them last year when they where on sale after thanksgiving.
Did you need to purchase a set of exhaust seals for installation with your Sleeper Pro's?

Perhaps it's specific to the T120, but in the video, Stuart states that you need to purchase a set of replacement “graphite exhaust seals” because the original seals couldn’t be removed from the original exhaust in-tact. There's no reference to this on British Custom's site. Thanks.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 08:24 PM

Garage
I have them and really like them. IMO, they are the best looking pipes for the bobber, kind of old school looking. The stainless finish matches the head pipes really well. They are straight through but with the expansion chamber they are not obnoxious loud, they just add a deeper sound with a little more volume. But, I'm still running the cat crossover.

No seal is needed on the bobber.
MikeB likes this.

2018 Triumph Bobber with Triumph brown quilted seat, BC Sleeper Pros, Booster Plug, leather fork bag
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2006 Harley Roadking
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:36 PM

Thanks @Bikerdib . I concur with your opinion. That's why I put them on my T100. That's good news about not needing the seal. I didn't think so, but the video surprised me and I didn't want to be disappointed during the install to find out that I'm missing a part. Cheers.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Did you need to purchase a set of exhaust seals for installation with your Sleeper Pro's?

Perhaps it's specific to the T120, but in the video, Stuart states that you need to purchase a set of replacement “graphite exhaust seals” because the original seals couldn’t be removed from the original exhaust in-tact. There's no reference to this on British Custom's site. Thanks.

I recall reading something about this, however nothing specific to the Bobber. I didn’t notice anything abnormal when I installed them and everything seemed to fit fine as is. If something was missing it wasn’t obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page