Quilted Brown installed - Triumph Bobber Forum
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quilted Brown installed

My quilted seat arrived this morning. Ordered from World of Triumph 6 days ago - so very quick and efficient service!

Install took all of 15 mins including moving the screw plates from the OEM seat.
Level of difficulty = 1/10 (it means if i can do it, ANYONE can )

The seat obviously sits me higher than the really low statement seat. So it took me a few minutes to reacclimatize myself with that position.
Overall, straight away it feels (for my tailbone) much better than stock due to its flatter profile. Anyone coming from an OEM will feel a distinct lack of ®cupping® (i.e support) & you are less locked into place.
Coming from a statement it gives around the same level of support (on a wider platform), but feels like my tush is being pampered in a first class lounge
Only a long ride will tell if the sponge/filling is good quality and does not push on my tailbone or create any hotspots. I will update later on, as i only had time for a quick ride today.
It is positioned in the rear-most setting and that is definitely the best place for my height and build (6ī 1®, 96+kg).
I have a black pan on order, but like the look of the silver base with the brown seat. So the black underpan will be used with the (black) Corbin when it arrives.

Overall first impression: Very happy with the feel, quality and flat(ter) profile. We will see in a few hundred KMs if my coccyx agrees...

Last edited by eisen77; 04-23-2018 at 10:28 AM.
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 10:45 AM

Garage
Nice!

I rode my bike the 30 mile trip home on the stock black seat the day I bought the bike. The next day, I went back to the dealership and bought the brown quilted seat. It gives more freedom to shift around on the seat in corners (I'm a former knee dragger on a Ducati that the bobber replaced). I did remove the cover of the seat and cut down the foam a little so it would have less forward slant but that is personal preference (and necessary for my 62 year old bad back). The only thing I may someday do is recover it in real cow skin.

BTW, I myself like the silver seatpan because it ties togeather with the engine side covers.
eisen77 and ysoslo like this.

2018 Triumph Bobber with Triumph brown quilted seat, BC Sleeper Pros, Booster Plug, leather fork bag
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2006 Harley Roadking
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 03:39 PM

Garage
That compliments the bike well to my eye

I hope it proves to be nice and comfy for you long term buddy!
eisen77 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
That compliments the bike well to my eye

I hope it proves to be nice and comfy for you long term buddy!
Thanks Mike. I appreciate that.
The weather turns a bit wet starting from Wednesday (mad Spring weather), so looks like a long ride report will only happen the following weekend. Iím going to get at least 250KM+ during a days ride to test out the seat with another 200km the following day to see if there are any aches or pains.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:02 PM

Seat looks really good on your Bobber. Hope it turns out to be ok on a longer ride. Jury is still out with mine!!
eisen77 likes this.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks Andrew.
Give yourself some time to adjust to the seat.
Unless itís really bad, I donít think itís possible to judge in just a few rides.
It took me over 1000km to let my bum get used to the hard Statement seat. Kind of like endurance training
I still stand by my comments; the statement is a great seat for short (ish) rides.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:26 PM

I'm a bit spolit when it comes to seats as my other bike is a BMW R1200GS and that seat is fantastic. Have ridden for 7 hours on that and could easily still walk at the end of the day :-)

If you can handle the Statement seat then I reckon you can manage anything. A plank of wood would be more comfy!!
eisen77 likes this.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Hahaha! Indeed, the Statement seat is a plank of wood cunningly covered in exotic leather
Bobber-Bomb likes this.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 07:14 PM

Here is mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	21185   Click image for larger version

Name:	seat2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	21193  
eisen77 likes this.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 07:24 PM

These quilted seats are nice! I need to wait until next year for the new seat!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page