10Likes
  • 4 Post By Todd Patrick
  • 2 Post By Todd Patrick
  • 3 Post By ysoslo
  • 1 Post By MikeB

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Triumph LED Headlight

Hey guys - you can now order the LED light that is on the bobber black and speedmaster for your original bobber.
You just have to make sure you order the right clutch control kit- with cruise or without for DRL. Its a cool $500.00 so on par with Motodemic.. pretty excited.

A9830104 triumph headlight/// A9630248 cruise control kit with DRL.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

That LED light looks really good.
I wonder if the illumination on par with the j w speaker/Motodemic.
Did you order one ??

More importantly, it catches the eyes of cages much better and helps the bike stand out. So for that alone the LED lights are worth the inventment.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

i am putting an order in tomorrow- as soon as i get it and install, i'll take some pics.
eisen77 and Louie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 09:54 PM

Garage
For $480 (less a 5% discount through A&J) you can order the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight, which operationally is a lot better than the Triumph LED, because it allows you to see around corners. As a practical matter for me it's an easy decision, but if the "Triumph" brand headlight during daylight is more important that safety at night, the the decision may not be as easy. Just my 2 cents/pence.
eisen77, Louie and MikeB like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 11:59 AM

I agree with @ysoslo .

Also, I'm not certain that the Triumph LED headlight will be plug and play with the original Bobber. This weekend I attempted to install the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight into my Bobber Black. When I opened up the headlamp bucket I realized that the Triumph LED headlight connects to the Bobber Black under the gas tank instead of in the bucket like the original Bobber. I didn't install the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight into my Bobber Black as I didn't have time to lift the tank and lengthen the wiring on the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight. Also, I don't know if the Bobber Black is fitted with a standard H4 connector or a different type of connector.

At this point, my suspicion is:

1) The Triumph LED headlight is not plug and play with the original Bobber as the wiring is too long to fit inside the bucket and the connector may not be a standard H4; and
2) The Motodemic adaptive LED headlight is NOT plug and play with the Bobber Black.

Once I lift the tank I'll be able to verify this.
MX429 likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 11:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
I agree with @ysoslo .

Also, I'm not certain that the Triumph LED headlight will be plug and play with the original Bobber. This weekend I attempted to install the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight into my Bobber Black. When I opened up the headlamp bucket I realized that the Triumph LED headlight connects to the Bobber Black under the gas tank instead of in the bucket like the original Bobber. I didn't install the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight into my Bobber Black as I didn't have time to lift the tank and lengthen the wiring on the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight. Also, I don't know if the Bobber Black is fitted with a standard H4 connector or a different type of connector.

At this point, my suspicion is:

1) The Triumph LED headlight is not plug and play with the original Bobber as the wiring is too long to fit inside the bucket and the connector may not be a standard H4; and
2) The Motodemic adaptive LED headlight is NOT plug and play with the Bobber Black.

Once I lift the tank I'll be able to verify this.
Bummer....that's an expensive lesson. Hopefully you can extend the wiring to make it work. Either that or wait until A&J or Motodemic comes out with a Bobber Black version and work out a deal with someone on this site to order the Black version and swap with you.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 11:36 PM

Thanks! Yes it's unfortunate. However, I did get 1/4 of a season out of the headlamp on my 2017 Bobber. It's better than nothing!

I'll create another post on the subject in hopes that no one else buys a Motodemic adaptive headlamp for a Bobber Black. I'll likely sell the adaptive headlamp and wait in hopes that Motodemic releases a Bobber Black version.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Not sure if anyone has answered this definitively yet? On the US spec’d bikes, the A9830104 Triumph LED headlight kit is 100% plug and play with the base Bobber. Contrary to the instructions on www.triumphinstructions.com , you do NOT need to replace your left hand switch housing assembly with the A9630249 or A9630248. It’s about an hour long project for a shade tree mechanic and does not require complete removal of the fuel tank. If you notice, the US spec’d Bobber Black has neither of those left hand switch housings... but it does have cruise. Just FYI.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page