Minnesota problems - Triumph Bobber Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Minnesota problems

Today was not a great day for MN motorcyclists. I was supposed to pick my bike up this Wednesday, but they're forecasting another 1-3" of snow on top of this! No bueno........ One of the city snow plows (dump truck with 2 huge plows on the front) got stuck in front of my house tonight. Never seen that before! Needless to say, I'm not going to get my bike this week. Bummer. Anybody else feeling my pain?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-14.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	20538  
Irisheye likes this.
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:46 AM

Mine is still in the shed since October. Maybe by months end winter will be over
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:49 AM

This winter seems to be hanging on longer than usual, I think. The East Coast got lucky Friday and Saturday, it was close to 80 F. then the temp plunged to low forties. What a tease Mother Nature is.
Hope you get your new toy soon.

Chico
ysoslo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

The winter has been longer, colder and wetter than normal. Even here in Mallorca - we are getting some cold fronts from Siberia(!) and a lot more rain than normal.
Though next week it looks like spring will finally stop being shy and come out to greet us.

I hope you get to pick up your bike soom - though in the kind of weather you´re having, its better off sleeping/trickle charging at the dealer anyway as riding is impossible
In the meantime, search the forum & start ordering those accessories !!
Irisheye likes this.

Last edited by eisen77; 04-15-2018 at 02:32 AM.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
The winter has been longer, colder and wetter than normal. Even here in Mallorca - we are getting some cold fronts from Siberia(!) and a lot more rain than normal.
Though next week it looks like spring will finally stop being shy and come out to greet us.

I hope you get to pick up your bike soom - though in the kind of weather you´re having, its better off sleeping/trickle charging at the dealer anyway as riding is impossible
In the meantime, search the forum & start ordering those accessories !!
If only I could learn to sit on my wallet like you're able to from time to time, eisen77...lol I just finalized an order for a beautiful leather fuel bottle holder and key fob that'll match the dark brown thing I have going on with my bike, so this snow isn't all bad. And as I wait for my turn to take delivery, I get to live vicariously through all of the people on this site that are able to hit the road and are kind enough to post pics of their beautiful bikes and scenery.
eisen77, MikeB and Irisheye like this.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:11 AM

Our roads are ice free but lots of melt water and sand on them. I dug out the shed and walked out my BMW over the ice only having it slide sideways twice. Once I got to the mud and off the ice I was riding
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180411_154427724_1523801453821.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	20554  
SineApps and ysoslo like this.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
If only I could learn to sit on my wallet like you're able to from time to time, eisen77...lol I just finalized an order for a beautiful leather fuel bottle holder and key fob that'll match the dark brown thing I have going on with my bike, so this snow isn't all bad. And as I wait for my turn to take delivery, I get to live vicariously through all of the people on this site that are able to hit the road and are kind enough to post pics of their beautiful bikes and scenery.
Any links / pics ?
Love seeing accessories like that!

BTW, it’s easy to sit on my wallet - as its soooo thin after spending everything on my Bobber...
ysoslo and Brigstocksbobber like this.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Any links / pics ?
Love seeing accessories like that!

BTW, it’s easy to sit on my wallet - as its soooo thin after spending everything on my Bobber...
I found this guy on Etsy.com. He's in England and does all sorts of work. I really like the way the stitching and design of his items look online. He's making me a dark brown Brass Shackle Cowhide Key Ring and Spare Fuel Bottle Holder in a dark brown color not-pictured on the key fob or fuel bottle pages, but like the brown on the business card case page. I think they'll look fantastic with the Omega Racer swingarm bag and brown quilted seat that I already have.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Takakuda?r...hopheader-name

Last edited by ysoslo; 04-15-2018 at 12:47 PM. Reason: wrong case name
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Nice - hand crafted items. No doubt they will look great!

Is the quilted seat light or dark brown? (impossible to gauge from pics on the net as they all vary).
I am going to order a seat during the interim period of my Corbin, but can’t decide on black or brown for my ironstone.
The statement is really, really nice - but unfortunately my coccyx is playing up a lot lately and anything over 50km is torture.
The flatter (and more padded) quilted seat may suit me better for the 6-8 weeks that I have to wait for the Corbin to be sent over.
The cup of the stock seat gets a resounding no from my tailbone!

Sorry to go off topic!!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Nice - hand crafted items. No doubt they will look great!

Is the quilted seat light or dark brown? (impossible to gauge from pics on the net as they all vary).
I am going to order a seat during the interim period of my Corbin, but can’t decide on black or brown for my ironstone.
The statement is really, really nice - but unfortunately my coccyx is playing up a lot lately and anything over 50km is torture.
The flatter (and more padded) quilted seat may suit me better for the 6-8 weeks that I have to wait for the Corbin to be sent over.
The cup of the stock seat gets a resounding no from my tailbone!

Sorry to go off topic!!
No worries about staying on topic in here...lol My seat is the Triumph dark brown quilted. I haven't ridden on it yet, but I love the look and I trust the impressions others have shared. At some point I'm planning on recovering my stock seat in a different dark brown with accents, just so I can swap from time to time when I want a different look or feel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ND2a.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	20578  
muensterDeath and MikeB like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page