5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tall Tree
  • 2 Post By Bobber-Bomb
  • 1 Post By Tall Tree
  • 1 Post By Tall Tree

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Anyone remove all 3

Has anyone done a decat, new pipes and airbox removal and not remap? Or power commander? Or booster plug?

I’ve installed and xpipe and BC Drags and I’m leaning towards airbox removal mostly because I can’t stand those goofy plastic side covers.

After the decat and pipes the bikes runs beautifully, but I’ve heard once you do that 3rd mod the bike can’t adjust. Just looking for any feed back on how the bike runs for anyone that has done those 3 mods.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 10:10 PM

I have the same question. Don't know if A & J did it for Bobber53
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 09:13 PM

I'm not sure I can get away with removing two!

Minor hijack here.... BUT... I still have a cat and stock airbox, and am hearing a tiny bit of popping on decel with the BC Drag Pipes I just put on. (I've put less than 50 miles...so maybe not enough time for ECU to adjust?). So I'm wondering if I can even get away with two air mods-- pipes and pods-- without a remap???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBobberNH View Post
Minor hijack here.... BUT... I still have a cat and stock airbox, and am hearing a tiny bit of popping on decel with the BC Drag Pipes I just put on. (I've put less than 50 miles...so maybe not enough time for ECU to adjust?). So I'm wondering if I can even get away with two air mods-- pipes and pods-- without a remap???
I have put new pipes on several different bikes (BMW R nineT, Ducati Paul Smart, Triumph Scrambler) and they all required a slight adjustment to the ECU. Unfortunately I cannot provide information about the Bobber. Besides, since I am going to take my Bobber to California I believe I had best leave the pipes alone. (California has tough emission laws.)

So if anyone can speak to a remap and/or modified pipes in California I would appreciate it.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
I have put new pipes on several different bikes (BMW R nineT, Ducati Paul Smart, Triumph Scrambler) and they all required a slight adjustment to the ECU. Unfortunately I cannot provide information about the Bobber. Besides, since I am going to take my Bobber to California I believe I had best leave the pipes alone. (California has tough emission laws.)

So if anyone can speak to a remap and/or modified pipes in California I would appreciate it.
I'm in CA. Yes, CA has tough emission laws. BUT motorcycles aren't tested. Having said that, it can be difficult to buy parts for the bike that mess with the emissions, for example, vendors and manufacturers won't ship an x-pipe or many of the available pipes to CA.

A very bad person (and we don't want to be bad and break the law) would be prudent to get what he can outside of the Kommifornia and bring it in.

As far as a remap, the dealer told me they re-mapped mine when I installed the V&H pipes but I think the jury may still be out if one actually exists.
gfspencer likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tree View Post
I'm in CA. Yes, CA has tough emission laws. BUT motorcycles aren't tested. Having said that, it can be difficult to buy parts for the bike that mess with the emissions, for example, vendors and manufacturers won't ship an x-pipe or many of the available pipes to CA.

A very bad person (and we don't want to be bad and break the law) would be prudent to get what he can outside of the Kommifornia and bring it in.

As far as a remap, the dealer told me they re-mapped mine when I installed the V&H pipes but I think the jury may still be out if one actually exists.
Thank you. I'm not permanently moving until next summer so a set of V&H might be in the cards.

Do the V&H pipes help the sound or the performance or are the just for looks?

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)

Last edited by gfspencer; 04-25-2018 at 02:16 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 03:03 PM

Garage
Quote:

A little bit more noise and a few extra horsepower so not much, but if you go for an x-pipe too apparently they do sound a whole lot better
ysoslo and gfspencer like this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 04:21 PM

Here is my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Had the V&H pipes put on at the dealer (my bike was involved in an accident and instead of replacing the stock silencer, I opted for the V&H mostly because all other pipes were not available for sale in kommifornia). They also said computer was updated.... I did feel a difference in performance but very little gain in sound, as most people have reported. It did seem a little deeper with an occasional pop on decel.

A month or two later, I installed an x-pipe. I felt no difference in performance. However, sound was much better (better=louder and tone). Still have occasional pop on decel. I have not removed the airbox.
gfspencer likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I'm not permanently moving until next summer so a set of V&H might be in the cards.

The V&H pipes are legal in CA. The BC, Gassers, Zard, etc are not.
gfspencer likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page