Auxiliary power socket uses? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Auxiliary power socket uses?

This will no doubt sound daft but what exactly can the auxiliary power socket be used for?

On the Triumph site is states heated clothing but can it also run charger cables for iPhones, satnavs etc?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
This will no doubt sound daft but what exactly can the auxiliary power socket be used for?

On the Triumph site is states heated clothing but can it also run charger cables for iPhones, satnavs etc?
Haven't used or explored it but, I assume it's what it says. Instead of using a plug in cable to your battery, you connect via the auxiliary power socket? I still have the battery cable to charge/maintain the battery when the moto isn't being used.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

I still donít know where mine is
Though in all fairness, have not looked for it either...
Mike J Commo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
You have to buy it, the part isn't fitted as standard. Basically its a small bracket with a powerlet socket that bolts behind the cylinders on the clutch housing. There are two small plastic plugs where the bracket attaches. The power supply is tied up under the tank.

As for its use. I connect a trickle charger to mine as its a nice tidy solution and I use it to power a phone, but you could use it for a sat nav, heated clothing etc.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I had one fitted whilst it was at the dealers, itís an option. I assumed it would enable me to charge my satnav and iPhone via USB but Iím a little suspicious that itís not and I may have added something I donít need lol

How are you guys charging your gadgets?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Ah!! That would explain why I can’t find it
Thanks for letting me know.

When on the move I carry a small, powerful mobile charger that fits in the swing arm bag.
Just in case I need to charge my phone, etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...TOL&ref=plSrch
Mike J Commo likes this.

Last edited by eisen77; 04-12-2018 at 04:54 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's_yer_firkin View Post
You have to buy it, the part isn't fitted as standard. Basically its a small bracket with a powerlet socket that bolts behind the cylinders on the clutch housing. There are two small plastic plugs where the bracket attaches. The power supply is tied up under the tank.

As for its use. I connect a trickle charger to mine as its a nice tidy solution and I use it to power a phone, but you could use it for a sat nav, heated clothing etc.
I like the idea of connecting the trickle charger to it. That justifies having it fitted alone!

To charge your phone/sat-nav... I assume it requires an adaptor of some kind?

Also and finally... will this fit the auxiliary socket do you happen to know? The one fitted to my bike appears to be smaller than the cigarette lighters fitted to cars?

CTEK CTE-56263 CTEK Cigarette Lighter Connector Adaptor - Black/red https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0016LA5..._fS8ZAbNKXKGN8

Last edited by Mike J Commo; 04-12-2018 at 05:12 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 05:16 PM

I bought one of these Mike for powering usb stuff, but its a bit clunky. I haven't really worked out how to secure it yet. I picked one of these up for the trickle charger, but this one appears to be sold out now. I did have to search around a bit as they seemed expensive for what they are. You might be able to track something similar down on the well known auction site
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 05:21 PM

Here you go Mike this is what you need to the trickle charger connection. The socket is permanently powered and fused so its ideal for that purpose. I picked up the socket from WOT its a simple job to fit. Hardest part is spotting the power cable under the tank and threading it between the cylinders.
Mike J Commo likes this.

Last edited by Bob's_yer_firkin; 04-12-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added details on socket install
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's_yer_firkin View Post
Here you go Mike this is what you need to the trickle charger connection. The socket is permanently powered and fused so its ideal for that purpose. I picked up the socket from WOT its a simple job to fit. Hardest part is spotting the power cable under the tank and threading it between the cylinders.
So does this simply allow you to plug a regular sized cigarette light into the other end?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page