Vance & Hines Map Update - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Vance & Hines Map Update

I have the BC Shotguns and BC X-Pipe cat delete. In February I had my Dealer install the V&H map and also the latest ECU updates which affected the Calibration and Fuel tables. These are supposed to cure the stalling problems some bikes have, but mine never did. I posted on here before about my thoughts on the upgrades but those were only based on my ride home from the dealer!

It has been hard getting riding time since we have had 5 snowstorms and cold weather, crappy road's etc. since installation but I have logged 8 short rides from 10-46 miles each with temps in the high 40'sto high 50's.

The popping and backfiring that comes with running open pipes is noticeably reduced but far from gone which is just fine with me! Idling, which on my bike was already acceptable seems stronger and more stable. Most, if not all of the low speed jerkyness that is so common with the newest bikes is gone or greatly improved. I have no way to tell how much of this is the V&H map or the ECU tweaks but if you have the map loaded your dealer should also install the latest updates!

Overall I would say fueling is very good to excellent for a brand new FI bike with today's EPA induced leanness! I cannot find any surging, flat spots or rough transitions but there is still plenty of decel popping and occasional back firing especially on down hills. Just makes it sound badass to me!
Overall I am very happy with the updates, we will see what happens as the weather gets warmer and more humid!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new Bobber.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	19401  
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 07:29 PM

Garage
Iím having the Vance & Hines fitted on my Bobber Black at the moment. I hadnít realised there was a new map to upload for them.

Before I make a tit by enquiring with my dealer can someone kindly confirm the situation for me?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Well, since you were wise enough to include your Location in your signature I can at least give you an intelligent answer! The news may not be good though. I do not know if the V&H map is available in the UK, maybe not Euro 4 compliant. Your dealer will know for sure. Since I believe your bike is an '18 I think you will already have the ECU updates. Again your dealer can verify that for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 01:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYP View Post
Well, since you were wise enough to include your Location in your signature I can at least give you an intelligent answer! The news may not be good though. I do not know if the V&H map is available in the UK, maybe not Euro 4 compliant. Your dealer will know for sure. Since I believe your bike is an '18 I think you will already have the ECU updates. Again your dealer can verify that for sure!
Well in that case Iíll respondenin true Brit style and say... oh balls!

Thanks for the info. Iíll have a chat with them to see where I stand. In all honesty I canít see that the map will be altered dramatically as I imagine flow will have only improved a small degree.

Iíll let you know how I get on
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 07:45 AM

I found the instructions page under V+H and it states that

"Engine ECM Calibration
The correct engine calibration must be downloaded
to the engine ECM prior to starting the engine. This
information can be found on the 'Triumph On Line'
dealer web site."
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:02 AM

Bobbyp is right. The maps are different based on location. Probably a lot of this has to do with environmental regulations, fuel quality, etc.

It is also my understanding that the European V&H pipes and the American V&H pipes are not the same. The American versions are straight through high flow design and the European versions have baffles.
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX429 View Post
Bobbyp is right. The maps are different based on location. Probably a lot of this has to do with environmental regulations, fuel quality, etc.

It is also my understanding that the European V&H pipes and the American V&H pipes are not the same. The American versions are straight through high flow design and the European versions have baffles.
As you right say they are different for those reasons. Iíll have a chat with the dealer tomorrow just to make sure they donít create a ticking time bomb!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:

I have the USA (offroad) version here in the UK

...so I need the USA download.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezqui View Post
Quote:

Yes but how do you get it?
Is it even in your dealers database for selection?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 12:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezqui View Post

I guess youíll have to fit the old pipes for MOTís?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page