Tail bone pain --- solutions? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ethariel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Tail bone pain --- solutions?

I can only ride the stock seat for about an hour without my tail bone hurting. I've adjusted my Bobber seat every which way--up, back, forward and tilted up/down (with an adaptor plate I made)--and it just isn't working.

Anyone know of anyone making a seat with a cut-out down the middle to allow clearance for the coccyx bone? (See attached photo of motorcycle seat for example.)

I wonder if I might adapt a bicycle 'comfort seat'? (See second photo.) Some of these seats have a very slight old school vibe with springs on the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CYCLEPEDICseat3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	19089   Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	19097  
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The triumph comfort seat that is offered removes the "cupping" of the bum aspect of the stock seat, having more of a bench like feel. Perhaps that would help?

Another member has purchased the Corban seat. Search out that link and see if he can shed some light on how that seat is.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBobberNH View Post
I can only ride the stock seat for about an hour without my tail bone hurting. I've adjusted my Bobber seat every which way--up, back, forward and tilted up/down (with an adaptor plate I made)--and it just isn't working.

Anyone know of anyone making a seat with a cut-out down the middle to allow clearance for the coccyx bone? (See attached photo of motorcycle seat for example.)

I wonder if I might adapt a bicycle 'comfort seat'? (See second photo.) Some of these seats have a very slight old school vibe with springs on the back.
Somewhat unrelated to the bicycle seat, but I have the black quilted seat and I find it to be very comfortable even after several hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 12:45 PM

Garage
The only issue i get with the seat is occasionally the old 'man bits' go numb, but that's happened on every bike i have had to one extent or another in the past 30 years lol (SV was the worst bu far)
Forjox likes this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Iím following this thread.
I suffer from coccyx pain as well and the only seat that has ever helped was a Russell Day Long touring saddle. I may send my stock seat in & have it completely redone. But Iím pretty sure it wonít look good on the Bobber.
So may wait for some corbin reviews to start coming in before I decide.

Right now Iím using the Triumph statement seat which allows me to ride longer before tailbone pain sets in. Today I rode 200km and towards the end my tailbone was ready to come home and relax on the sofa
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 03:03 PM

Garage
This week I added clip ons to my Bobber 77, This for me was a huge + in comfort for the lower back due to the load being moved away from the lower back, However being a new-ish motorcycle rider I am still finding my feet on cornering in the wet with this set up . Yes it started to rain the day I had my clip ons fitted at the Triumph dealers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page