To BC, or not to BC, that is the question - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
To BC, or not to BC, that is the question

OK I admit it Iím fussy about the aftermarket parts, the way I see it if Iím going to change something I want it to be at least as good as what was there before, and with the new Triumphís thatís tough because the OEM build quality is exceptional.

But after following this forum over the winter I had my heart set on pair of TT Slash Cuts by Weslake. They ticked all my boxes: they provide a deeper sound without being obnoxiously loud, used by themselves they donít f*** up the fuelling, and they match the stock headers and covers perfectly giving the illusion of an old school straight through pipe. In fact if it wasnít for there bad weather I would of bought them already.

However Bobber76ís post yesterday (showing alignment issues) does worry me as if they're not perfect I donít want them on my Bobber and now Square Deals is discounting the TT Slash Cuts saying Ďa minor modification to the "fake cover" retaining clip is required in order to reduce the gap between the cover and the exhaust pipe providing a one piece exhaust effect.í So there is a known issue but is it easily fixable, can anyone whoís fitted them please advise?

The question for me now is do I take the risk that I can mod the Weslakes to fit or do I stump up over double the cash for British Customs Slash Cuts that as far as Iíve read donít have these alignment issues.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page